test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE vs PVP gear

cordrin1cordrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is the PVP gear only for PVP content and PVE only good for PVE? I've got a guardian fighter and I really like the stats on the Indomitable warrior gear. I'm trying to decide what gear I should go for. I mostly PVE. Would the Indomitable warrior gear work well in PVE as well as PVP, or should I look at getting different sets?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/information.
Post edited by cordrin1 on

Comments

• uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There are no PvP only stats, so there is no PvP only gear. The designation of PvP or PvE gear only pertains to how you get it. The stats are different for each gear set. Use what you think is best for you.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    The PvP gear isn't actually for PvP specifically, it's just there so that people who leveled mostly through PvP have something to wear for T1 dungeons.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The PvP Gear is actually great level 60 start-up gear and is often the first set of armor players use.

However the armor players receive from completing dungeons is, point for point, stronger than PvP Gear.
    The PvP gear is still very much viable and actually is tuned to work better in PvP situations but both work very well in both situations.

Do the PvP, get the PvP gear. Then do the dungeons and get some slightly stronger overall items. :)
    If you don't do the dungeons you'll be a bit weaker overall but still viable in my experience.