test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why theres option to kick someone while in dungeon...

pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just wasted 2.5h for castle and after we did last boss some ... decided to kick me out cause loot was for my class -.-
Post edited by pr0mote on

Comments

• Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    This has happened to me a few times on pug dungeons with my gwf. Here i am thinking im doing the playerbase a favour even bothering to queue, when the truth is nobody gives a f**k.

I have yet to see any loot i needed end up in my bag.

Which leaves one option, get 4 rl m8s to perma group with, or join a guild of strangers and hope they are nice people and competent players.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There does need to be the ability to kick people. I have played a few dungeons where people needed to be kicked for being AFK, or being a ninja. Sometimes you also get a player who does nothing but harass the other players, and they need to be removed to make the dungeon more enjoyable for others to play. Also for those groups that want to do a speed run, if they get stuck with a laggard, they may want to kick that player. The fact that some people abuse the system just shows that there are some rather unfriendly people out there, unfortunately you can't always avoid them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    There does need to be the ability to kick people. I have played a few dungeons where people needed to be kicked for being AFK, or being a ninja. Sometimes you also get a player who does nothing but harass the other players, and they need to be removed to make the dungeon more enjoyable for others to play.

That's pretty much the main part of it.
    However there certainly does need to be a voting system of some sort. Players being able to kick people out without warning and often for simple grieving purposes is certainly an issue the team has received a lot of feedback on.
  • Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mmmhmm... I felt it quite a bit this weekend for sure. I probably went through 100+ queues simply because of how bad the pugging / kicking system works, and I only got to see the boss 3 times. Hell this last round literally broke the K queuing command as I was somehow in a dungeon queueing for another while getting pulled into the first one as a solo player, which would then kick me 5 seconds later.

Finally get to run pirate king for my 3rd time. (first 2 top damage as a gwf... ^_^) and I get dc'd. Less then 10 seconds to log in and I'm already kicked out of party. As the delves are the only thing I can do that is of the "getting better" nature of the mmo genre, that was a complete waste of an hour. Next one won't happen for a while, so I shut the game down.

Really horrid queue system.
  • Options
    nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Lets not kid ourselves. Aside from some mildly amusing pvp this game really doesn't offer much. I am being pretty generous about that too. Really dont think it offers anything, other than killing some time while i wait for another game to come out.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    This is a very valid concern. I'll forward this to see if the team can improve it.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's pretty much the main part of it.
    However there certainly does need to be a voting system of some sort. Players being able to kick people out without warning and often for simple grieving purposes is certainly an issue the team has received a lot of feedback on.

You also shouldn't be able to kick people while you are still in combat.

This prevents group leaders from kicking players after the group has brought the boss down to 1%. No more group leaders having sole access to the loot drops by kicking players just before the boss dies.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    This is a very valid concern. I'll forward this to see if the team can improve it.

Are you implying that "the team" isn't already aware of this issue? Funny. But anyway, I take advantage of it to kick toxic players.
  • Options
    visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    How was this already NOT known. Have the Dev's been locked away in some vault so out of touch with MMO going's on's that they are completely out of touch with what is considered common practice in this type of game?

I find the fact that Cryptic NEED's feed back on issues like this at all disturbing. Your giving people a free pass to be HORRIBLE and quite literally steal lewt, grief, and just generally make the game look like garbage because SOMEHOW no one realized these issues are gonna happen???

SOON isn't probably the best time to change this kind of stuff. NOW seems like a better idea. Feel free to pass that along to the Dev's.

Thanks much.
  • Options
    lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    The amount of issues that allready were adressed in MMORPGs 10 years ago and end up being reintroduced in a 2013 game is really disturbing. Of course you can fail to think about one issue, but not 20-30 standard issues.
  • Options
    mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    The best solution to this would be to disable the kick functionality once the boss has been engaged - once you teleport into that room. Have it reenabled on a wipe so someone can't just go afk as soon as the room loads and leave the others no option but to quit or give him a chance at the loot for no effort.

Prevents rectalhats from kicking folks to keep the loot, prevents afk'ers from griefing folks on loot rolls (granted, if someone afk's you'd have to throw the fight and kick him, but better than the current setup).
  • Options
    imhereforuimhereforu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013

thank you! awesome lip service here. this is going to revolutionize everything and fix all the problems.
    looking forward to the improvements already!
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    mennelon wrote: »
    The best solution to this would be to disable the kick functionality once the boss has been engaged - once you teleport into that room. Have it reenabled on a wipe so someone can't just go afk as soon as the room loads and leave the others no option but to quit or give him a chance at the loot for no effort.

Prevents rectalhats from kicking folks to keep the loot, prevents afk'ers from griefing folks on loot rolls (granted, if someone afk's you'd have to throw the fight and kick him, but better than the current setup).

This would probably be the best and most efficient way to fix it, great idea. Not sure it would be viable to create some sort of code to see if the kick is actually kick worthy. In example showing showing signs of in activity, lack of combat etc. I am not coder though so leave it up to those guys, they will come up with something fair.

Another way is to just let the loot drop for everyone like in diablo 3. Solves the party loot drama and it is one of the few things they got right over there
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Do you guys even read feedback? I mean this has been complained about since day 1. In fact before that.

Not to mention that EVERY OTHER MMO has implemented methods to prevent abuse by this. Are you guys even aware that there is an MMO industry out there? Have you ever seen or played other MMO's?

You cannot expect me to believe that the team is so dense as to realise that given a sh.i.tty system, players will abuse it.

Time to stop the lip service and actually implement fixes.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello All,

I'm still having my issues with NWO, but that is a whole other " Can of Worms " and although I'm doing the Solo running, if I were to group up, I would be pizzed if someone in the group had all the time to get to the " End Boss " and suddenly had to go AFK?????

And then somehow happened to get back just as the boss was going to be killed?????

There seems to be another issue with people about getting Banned due to Spamming, so why can't something be done in the same manner, if there is a person(s) that seemly go AFK , instead of getting kicked they get marked as AFK and that is a black mark against them, if they get " X " amount of AFK's then they get banned for 3 days.

Might seem pretty harsh, but I bet it would curb the behavior.

For me, if and when the time comes that I do decide to group up, I would really like to have a loot system that allows me to be gracious, because if I'm with a decent group Pug/or otherwise I will gladly give up an item if I feel I may get something in return, or maybe I would feel like the person deserved it because they saved my " <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> " when everyone else hid behind the wall, heheheh.

It's not a good looting system for any type of " social " game, what it does is force people to only group with their regular friends from " Other " games they have played, and doesn't truly promote trying to make " New " online friends. It's just like the looting system a real " <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Shoot "

If all people are going to get are people that AFK and other are Loot Ninjas.... Then I'm glad that I am doing the solo thing at the moment.

Cheers! All
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is very easy to fix.

Prevent kicking in boss area's.

Disable the kick option while in a boss "area"
  • Options
    pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    didnt expected so much attention on it, im surprised somehow :)
    and yes solution is easy, make team vote kick or disable kick after all 5 enter boss room
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another aspect of this that needs to be addressed simultaneously is inviting replacements and auto-replacements. This whole thread has been repeated several times - here's a link to my response previously:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?272691-Allow-us-to-Freaking-Invite-People-in-Instances-to-Fill-Spots-because-of-QUITTERS!!!!&p=3573571#post3573571

In a nutshell I'd like to see it where if you KICK someone, you cannot invite a replacement BUT the extra spot is re-queued for a random replacement of appropriate class. If someone DROPS out by their own choice, then you can invite or wait for an auto-replacement.

I do like the idea of voting to kick to reduce the abuse of kicking at final boss, etc. Even better is the concept that once you've entered the room for the final boss, you can no longer kick anyone.
  • Options
    nikosquirrelnikosquirrel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My suggestion to "fix" this problem is to entirely disable kicking players once the final boss battle has been initiated.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The amount of issues that allready were adressed in MMORPGs 10 years ago and end up being reintroduced in a 2013 game is really disturbing.

They were not addressed in other MMORPGs, they were just covered up and made less obvious.

In WoW, since that is what everyone uses as a "standard", players from the same guild (or friends) can and will still kick those who they don't want in the group, and that can be at the last boss, too. You cannot force 3-4 players to play with you if they don't want to play with you, regardless of the reason.

Players who constantly get kicked, because either of their behavior or their performance, become immune to kicks after a while, giving them a free pass at harassing or dragging down the whole group.

Players who know that they will get kicked the next time the group gets out of combat will either keep pulling mobs or pull a lot of adds to wipe the group.

If you kicked someone, you can't kick someone else for some time, and the more often you kick, the fewer you can use the feature, which punishes players who are unlucky to get grouped with undesirable players. Even participating in a vote increases your kick counter.

None of these have addressed the "issues", just shifted them around a bit and protected people who don't perform well or are for another reason unwanted in grops.. The only improvement that is needed here is a vote feature, but that still won't prevent all forms of possible abuse. And if you go too far in one direction, you allow one player to harass four other players without consequences.

It's more complex than it seems.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

This is both encouraging and disheartening at the same time. Thanks for taking the time to reply and assuring us that it will be looked into, but at the same time, your post implies that you guys weren't aware of this problem to begin with.

The que system note only should have a vote to kick option, but it should always include a healer for dungeons. Pvp ques w/o a healer is fine.