test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on queues

grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
This has been on my mind a bit. casual played one toon to 60 and another to 35 so far. I really like the dungeon runs and skirmishes especially since AD are so scarce. I think the do 2,3,4 of a skirmish is near impossible with the current state of queues. I log in an hour at a time - and at times put myself in a queue and nothing for an hour. So I continue to pve. Do a quest that has me "zone" and queue drops. Get picked for a skirmish and all other queues drop. Half teh time I get the daily skirmish and before I get picked for the second or 3rd - Ive out leveled and cant get the queued for that skirmish. So a low reward event tolerating the low reward to get AD - and effort wasted. Same with dungeons.

I dont play my 60 anymore - senseless as the game still hasnt reached "release". I just cant sit there and read a book waiting for a queue that may or may not come. Not sure if teh reason is lack of healer classes - maybe that final one should be a healer and the queues would form faster. (Yes I started one - the first healer I made in over two dozen games and I find no joy in that play style). Maybe the solution would be cross server queues which other games have had to do for grouping. But as there is no end game, long or no queues end game play I wonder how you will keep people until release? Play the same quests 3 times while you level yet another to lay dormant at 60 and they do get stale
Post edited by grembler1 on

Comments

• chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I feel you.

Leveling I managed to do the First and last skirmishes only. That was it. I did Cloak Tower at low level too. The rest I out level'd before I could get into them. These days my alts dont even bother to queue for them anymore. In the case of the skirmishes its pure wasted content that should have level 60 versions scaled !!
  • xelexiaxelexia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately I've had the same experience. It's rather disappointing because there are some dungeons I would like to have seen, but out leveled them before I ever came up in the queue.
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In theory you can have insta queue, but you dont get healer or/and tank.

My GF and DC wait in any queue +-30secs max.
    Its in every MMO too many DPS and too low tanks/healers.

PS Team up with GF or DC=+-1min in queue, maybe i start selling spots for gold on my DC XD