test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Installing Neverwinter without Admin rights?

dayven123dayven123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all. I've been looking at this game and it looks really cool and I want to install and play. The only problem is that I don't have Administrative rights to the computer I'm using. Is there anyway around this?
Post edited by dayven123 on

Comments

• azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dayven123 wrote: »
    Hello all. I've been looking at this game and it looks really cool and I want to install and play. The only problem is that I don't have Administrative rights to the computer I'm using. Is there anyway around this?

If you've got it installed on another computer try copying the whole folder over and see if it works, I've managed to "install" some games like that in the past.
    Usually you're simply out of luck though - here's to hoping Neverwinter is one of those games where it works.
    Artificer.jpg
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Yes; just copying it does work.
  • dayven123dayven123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok thanks... I'm not a computer wiz so how do you do that?
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you're using Windows XP and under, you won't have any problems by just copy/pasting the game from 1 to another. The problems start happening if you have Windows Vista, 7 and 8, which are so incredibly secure!

Some computers have a folder called C:\Temp\
    You could try copying the game in there.

Or if it's a public computer or belongs to someone else, sometimes they will create a folder for themselves like C:\Michael\ if their name is Michael. And you could install the game in there if they didn't apply admin rights to their own personal folder!

Because other than that, you'll be prompted with an Administrator Confirmation pop-up if you try pasting the game anywhere else! C:\Program Files\ is protected by the Administrator by default. Almost every other folder on a newly installed Windows Vista, 7 or 8 has every folder blocked by the admin!