test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to hate open world content

nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just play a GWF.

Now, I love playing my GWF, but not around other characters. Having to watch other toons vivisect the mobs while I am chopping away at them endlessly and hemorrhaging health all the while is always very disappointing.

Take Black Lake for instance. Its one of the first open world areas you come to and you get a flurry of quests right there at the gate. As a GWF you run out and get right on the trail looking for butt to kick and names to take.

And the first set of mobs you jump on, a pair of Nashers, flops over instantly... because there is a rogue over there throwing knives. He isn't even aiming at your group but the one behind you but he might as well kill your mobs too because they are in the way and its no trouble. But hey, you still get some loot so no harm no foul.

The next group is bigger and you get ready for a fight when suddenly they all explode in a blast of ice and light. Turns out the Rogue was with a CW and that group was in range and why not? No loot for you this time but there are more mobs.

So you spot another group this time with a Boss, alright time for some thillin' heroics! A leap and a swing and you are in the fray! And a cleric runs up, blasts the minor mobs out of their worthless boots and rips the boss to shreds while you manage to swing three more times. Then he tosses you a heal since you are the only one out here at less than half health.

Finally you manage to find a set of Nashers over in a corner by a door and jump on them. Over the next few minutes you drop a potion and manage to kill almost all of them. It is a tough fight. You are down to the last guy and you are certain you can do him in. And then that rogue zones out of the door.

He runs past and stops to stab the fellow you are getting ready to fighting once killing him instantly and then keep right on going. The player didn't even bother to take a finger off the movement key.

*Sigh*

Can't hate the other classes, but I do hate being the red-headed step-toon among them.

And I hate open world content.
Post edited by nornsavant on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play GWF because its fun. It does seem that the DPS against single targets is a bit low, but is there another class that can train 50 mobs then hit them all with an AOE to half health then just swing away until their bodies are strewn across the ground?
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I'm enjoying my GWF character at level 52. Because the level 16 cleric is still my usual companion, I've learned to tank minions semi-effectively, well enough to keep them off the clerics and casters, and if I do that in groups I think I'm doing something useful. Destroyer makes this a lot easier as well. And if my single target damage is less than what I think it should be, this is mostly because I have to break off and run away too often. But since running away from the red zones just doesn't work half the time, I suspect I'm supposed to eat the damage instead. And often I can.

I'm glad to be playing a class that's supposed to be currently underpowered, too. It means that the game will only become more fun.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    giggliato wrote: »
    I play GWF because its fun. It does seem that the DPS against single targets is a bit low, but is there another class that can train 50 mobs then hit them all with an AOE to half health then just swing away until their bodies are strewn across the ground?

Yes, a control wizard who does that twice as fast.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Yes, a control wizard who does that twice as fast.

And also has control abilities.......
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I almost don't have the heart to tell the OP that Rogues can abuse stealth at later levels to the point where they can remain invisible indefinitely.

"Almost". :cool:

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.