test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best weapon/armor enchant for CW

divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
ok so what do you guys think is the best weapon/armor enchant or good enchants for control wizard, any suggestion is great thanks.
Post edited by divineding on

Comments

• Options
    galendr1lgalendr1l Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to hear people's opinions as well.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For Armor it's Soulforged, without a doubt.

For Weapon, most have been using Plague Fire. I am trying to save to give a Perfect Lightning a try.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Greater tenes in offense slots
  • Options
    leugimpwleugimpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What you guys think about Vorpal Weapon enchant? i dont know if i enchant with Plague fire or vorpal.
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Greater tenes in offense slots

Negative, while Tenebrous is best for PvP, it has already been mathematically proven that armor pen up to 2200 is better for PvE, stop spreading misinformation.

Armor is soulforged for just about everyoned, and weapon is Plague Fire to buff the group, or vorpal for personal dps.
  • Options
    lmaadiggalmaadigga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    Negative, while Tenebrous is best for PvP, it has already been mathematically proven that armor pen up to 2200 is better for PvE, stop spreading misinformation.

I really enjoy ppl like you! Without you, we wouldnt have scrubs to look down to. (you know, those people that repeat what they read in threads and take it for granted without testing themselves).

That being said, its possible to reach 2.2k Arp using 7 greater tene in your offense slots.
    Stats in endgame gear are:

~3500 Power
    ~3000 Crit
    ~2100 Arp
    ~3000 Recovery

This is with 4/4 SW, if i'd want more power, id use some ML pieces. Could even go higher on Arp (2.4k), with rings, still being full tene.

I usually dont post on these newb infested forums, and probably never will again ^^ But my advise to the OP is to test everything for yourselve, there is hardly any reliable guide for CW's on these forums, let alone a discusssion without fanbois trying to defend this or that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> build.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lmaadigga wrote: »
    I really enjoy ppl like you! Without you, we wouldnt have scrubs to look down to. (you know, those people that repeat what they read in threads and take it for granted without testing themselves).

That being said, its possible to reach 2.2k Arp using 7 greater tene in your offense slots.

~3500 Power
    ~3000 Crit
    ~2100 Arp
    ~3000 Recovery

This is with 4/4 SW, if i'd want more power, id use some ML pieces. Could even go higher on Arp (2.4k), with rings, still being full tene.

I usually dont post on these newb infested forums, and probably never will again ^^ But my advise to the OP is to test everything for yourselve, there is hardly any reliable guide for CW's on these forums, let alone a discusssion without fanbois trying to defend this or that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> build.

You know, I bet if you took an extra minute to just reword your post in a manner that doesn't spew arrogance, it might have come across that you actually care about giving good advice.

Also, I could be way off on this, but just judging from the question of the OP, I would bet that he doesn't have 5-10Million AD to just waste on Greater Tenebrous, and I do emphasize "waste".

With the upcoming changes, especially to threat/aggro/Astral Shield/and more Power... I personally wouldn't take that advice just yet, and certainly not for a class whose main objective isn't cramming in every once of dps. But then again, I am just a newb scrub.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    HUMMM>>> looking at my other post about "confused as hell... this pretty much clears the air on that one. No one ever mentioned a rune to use, seeing as the only one that was got hammered into fairy dust... so now I am really lost and not going to worry so much about it all. I do appreciate the numbers posted on stats that should be @...and which ones to work on. I've been mainly pwr and crit..going to make some changes so ARP and rec come up a bit more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    You know, I bet if you took an extra minute to just reword your post in a manner that doesn't spew arrogance, it might have come across that you actually care about giving good advice.

I do care about good advise, PM me, message me ingame. These forums are bad for new players and im not going to invest time into changing this. They are a good laugh from time to time, i dont want to miss that ;)
    With the upcoming changes, especially to threat/aggro/Astral Shield/and more Power... I personally wouldn't take that advice just yet, and certainly not for a class whose main objective isn't cramming in every once of dps. But then again, I am just a newb scrub.

The only other thing to consider at BiS equipp for offense slots is radiant 10 enchants, since you want to stack power when you reach the stats i posted, that would net you another 2.1k power. Everything below that is outperformed by greater tenebrous.
    For Weapon, most have been using Plague Fire. I am trying to save to give a Perfect Lightning a try.

You are on a good track there. And always test for yourselve, dont let other people's ACT or spreadsheet numbers fool you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I do care about good advise, PM me, message me ingame. These forums are bad for new players and im not going to invest time into changing this. They are a good laugh from time to time, i dont want to miss that ;)

The only other thing to consider at BiS equipp for offense slots is radiant 10 enchants, since you want to stack power when you reach the stats i posted, that would net you another 2.1k power. Everything below that is outperformed by greater tenebrous.

You are on a good track there. And always test for yourselve, dont let other people's ACT or spreadsheet numbers fool you.

I agree with you that there are a lot of misinformation or "biased" advice on the forum. But actually for a new 60, there is enough decent advice to at least get them on the right track. You are also correct that people need to try things for themselves before formulating conclusions. Not in a million years did I think I would be playing a spec with Chilling Cloud as my main At-Will.

But here I am with my group, which has a permanent GF and only one DC clearing CN and Dread Vault in one shot. My highest enchant is probably a rank6, most at rank5. I am using a lesser plaguefire and a lesser soulforge. I am currently using 2pc vizier + 2pc Shadow. Cant even get my hand on a blue belt and I refuse to spend 500k AD on one. Of course I get tempted to use higher enchant, splurge to get the last piece of Shadow, upgrade to an ancient orb since CN refuses to give me anything better than T1. So my question is, would spending millions of AD to stack Greater Tenebrouses, Greater Plague, Greater Soulforge, rank10 enchants, etc...make things THAT much easier? Would it make the adds go over the side during Dracolich any faster? How much time would I shave off a CN run for example? Our last one was exactly 1hour 40minutes. For 10+million AD, it better cut that time in half! lol

I am not arguing that your advice is bad or wrong. I am just questioning if it is at all or remotely necessary to even consider. I think what makes CWs OP, and I really do believe we are OP, is that we can perform our role quite well without the need to min/max the class. Just my thoughts....and I apologize for judging the manner in which you replied before.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am not arguing that your advice is bad or wrong. I am just questioning if it is at all or remotely necessary to even consider. I think what makes CWs OP, and I really do believe we are OP, is that we can perform our role quite well without the need to min/max the class.

I did research and you seem to have written a guide for CW's. And you are seriously saying that min/maxing is wrong? You give the people, that includes fresh 60's, noobs and the like, the best maximum stats possible for a class and let them work their way up there. Isn't that the information people seek?
    So my question is, would spending millions of AD to stack Greater Tenebrouses, Greater Plague, Greater Soulforge, rank10 enchants, etc...make things THAT much easier? Would it make the adds go over the side during Dracolich any faster? How much time would I shave off a CN run for example?

CN has been completed with a team of every class wearing full greens. This game is more about playerskill than gear, no need to bring that fact up. Still, people want information about the best possible max stat rating/weighting in BiS gear, to maximize their toons potential. Even if its not needed to complete endgame content.
    Just my thoughts....and I apologize for judging the manner in which you replied before.

No worries, i didnt even planned on following this thread after my initial post, as i usually dont post on these forums. I also like the work you've put in your guide. Sad that it would be hard to seriously discuss it as your thread is also partly infested by those weird fanbois.

Take care!
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can you guys go bum each other somewhere else?

And does anyone know about the lightning enchant, i was thinking of getting it. if it procced off aoe. Vorpal supposedly bugged. do any enchants proc from aoe apart from vorpal? (if it worked)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    fantastik71fantastik71 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

~3500 Power
    ~3000 Crit
    ~2100 Arp
    ~3000 Recovery

Hi

Can u tell me what set up do you use to get these stats pls ?

I'm decently geared ( weaver + ancient weapon ) but i'm so far from your stats :D

We can mail ingame if you want, Fantastik@Fantastik71

Bye