test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Average Dungeon Queue Time?

carrotdongcarrotdong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What's the average wait time for dungeons? I hit 60 today and I've been sitting around for well over a hour waiting to get in. No one would answer me in game so I had to make a thread. So much garbage people are trying to sell that my questions only on the screen a second or 2. Thanks.
sig1cr.jpg
Post edited by carrotdong on

Comments

• Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think the queue's matchmaking is broken, as in it takes longer than it needs to, much longer sometimes.

I haven't solo queued on my cleric in awhile but it used to be pretty quick most of the time. How long it takes may depend on your class.

Edit: Finding a group in /zone in protectors enclave is usually much faster.
  • Options
    flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    During Dungeon delves its usually pretty fast. within 1-5 minutes for me to find a random group. Outside of delves the queue can be quite long. Majority of folks seem to only run when a DD is on the horizon so they can get a "pre-clear in"

I also run my cleric usually so most groups are good to go once i zone in. On my wiz it is a different story. I zone in and usually get booted because the group is in search of a cleric. It is quite frustrating to say the least. This is why zone chat is filled with lfm's and stuff. The queue system is a mess if you are not divine and alone.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From 1 to 5 minutes...Never spend more time than that in a queue..
    One of the very few advantages of being a Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited June 2013
    Queue timer is horrible atm...average is about a hour. You can literally download and install a new game by the time the queue pops. (Unless you're a tank)
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Dont have "Founders of the North " priority access to dungeon queu's ? (not sure, thought I read it somewhere ?) This would explain a wait time if youre not one of those.

Edit : Yep, they have

VIP Game Access

When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)

Edit 2: Just saw youre hero of the north, so you should have shorther wait times then the rest of us *looks confused*
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No more then 30 seconds ever, as a GF. If you want a lower queue time don't play the overpopulated classes (TR/CW), I can easily assume you play one of those two. On the other hand, being those 2 classes are wanted more then any other (besides DC) luckily for you it's easy to get a group on /zone unlike the GF.
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    No more then 30 seconds ever, as a GF. If you want a lower queue time don't play the overpopulated classes (TR/CW), I can easily assume you play one of those two. On the other hand, being those 2 classes are wanted more then any other (besides DC) luckily for you it's easy to get a group on /zone unlike the GF.

In the OP's favor : I play cleric and I do experience long wait times too though im not "Hero of the North VIP access member first in line thingy".
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the OP's favor : I play cleric and I do experience long wait times too though im not "Hero of the North VIP access member first in line thingy".

At what level? Most of the Clerics I know at lvl 60 experience near instant queue's like I do, from what they've told me. If you are experiencing long queues at lower levels it's probably due to a lack of participants.

If you are experiencing long queue's at lvl 60 as a Cleric then I would say there is some sort of bug, because I know for SURE there is an overwhelming lack of Clerics for T1/T2 queued parties.
  • Options
    carrotdongcarrotdong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im a lvl 60 Cleric with the Hero of the North founders pack. I left protectors enclave and the second I got to a different area I joined the queue after waiting over a hour at the protectors enclave.
    sig1cr.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Something is wrong. Not getting into games in under a hour half the time. I guess Ill put in a support ticket.
    sig1cr.jpg
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That "Hero of the North VIP access member first in line thingy" is just BS, i don't have any of those packs and my GF gets in right away.

Don't fall for BS marketing.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    chauncey3chauncey3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Total game breaker here. I think I'm done with the game, in fact, for this very reason. I log on and stand around waiting to do something. It's garbage. If the average player has only a couple hours a day to play, he's not going to want to wait 1 hour to do a quest. The success of the game depends on queuing being nearly instant I would say. They need to just remove the stupid requirement that you have to have a whole team (i.e. every single different character). That requirement means only the unpopular classes actually get to play the game!
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    That "Hero of the North VIP access member first in line thingy" is just BS, i don't have any of those packs and my GF gets in right away.

Don't fall for BS marketing.

It's not BS, people just fail at reading comprehension.

It gives "priority log-in access."

Log. In.

Not dungeon queues.
  • Options
    blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    My queues are so long I cannot finish my dailies =|
  • Options
    tsuchan900tsuchan900 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    guess depends what class you are yesterday my gf gets into dungeons instantly i started waiting for a dungeon 30mins before dungeon hour started and dident get in before it finished =_= guess if your a trickster wiz or gwf start queing when you wake up and if ur lucky will be able to get into a dungeon before you have dinner
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Quite frankly nobody should have to queue more than 10 minutes or Cryptic are doing it wrong.

Hands down the queing system in this game is the worst I've witnessed in an MMO.

Its almost like Cryptic don't have enough hosts/servers to handle the number of instances needed to let everyone have better access to content.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited September 2013
    From own experience at current game state:

- GF: i dont remember single case when i had to wait in queue longer than 1 minute, both on dungeon and skirmish
    - DC: longest waiting was about 10 minutes, but usually is pretty same as GF, instant dungeon or skirmish after joining queue
    - CW: big chance to miss DD totally... most depressing moment is when im waiting 50 minutes, system finally have gorup for me but someone dont accepted invitation and im back in queue. In this moment im usually leaving game because im not going to wait next hour.
    - TR: even longer waiting than CW
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dunno, I usually give up on solo-queueing on my DC, even during dungeon hour, before seeing any sort of results. If the queue is more that 15 min during DD bonus, I find it a waste of time. I've also been running around queued for various dungeons in non-DD times, and it took over an hour for something to pop (by which time I didn't even remember about the queue and didn't want to run anymore).

So yeah it's definitely broken, including the inexplicable wait times when you queue with a full group.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I've got a Founder's pack (don't know if that qualifies you for any kind of queue priority). I've queued for up to 2 hours at times as cleric before giving up.

Its just a badly implemented system. Queue for ages so go do an instance which as cleric can take a while to work through, get a group popup then suddenly be in a quandry because do you lose all the progress in the instance or Foundry, or risk queing for a long time again for a dungeon in which someone may randomly quit and you can't replace them therefore being unable to complete the dungeon.

If you group with someone such as a guildy to help them you're thrown out of the queue. Face, meet palm. The game should offer you the option to remain in the queue rather than kicking you out.

Also the fact you can only queue for 3 things rather than just going in a queue being happy to do anything from a range of content. I mean... what? Thats an unnecessary limitation. I'd bet that if you could queue for more than 3 things you'd see queue times dropping since the chance of getting people willing to do overlapping content will increase.. Also, steal from WoW: Offer a small extra reward if people will join a group for any instance instead of just focusing on one.

The whole queue and grouping system needs some serious development work.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Queues are quite wonkey at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]