test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about stealth and still getting targeted

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
How does this work?

I stealth up to run away in a PvP match, and two out of the three players around still target and attack me. I even got a Lashing Blade or two.

I know AoE can damage stealth and drop it, but stealth was still up at first.

Am I to assume stealth does not make a person untargetable?
Post edited by yerune on

Comments

• Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Sometimes if you attack (or maybe just close) to your enemy, you are shortly visible and able to be attacked. Not sure if intended or a bug.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most likely lag or someone targeted you before you entered stealth and hit a skill, it will still go through. Also if you're too close, they can still target you even when stealthed because you show up as an outline.

As a TR, I hit plenty of other TRs while we were both stealthed and when he comes out of it, his low health shows my attack went though.
  • Options
    stardrinkrerstardrinkrer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    10 characters.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Most likely lag or someone targeted you before you entered stealth and hit a skill, it will still go through. Also if you're too close, they can still target you even when stealthed because you show up as an outline.

As a TR, I hit plenty of other TRs while we were both stealthed and when he comes out of it, his low health shows my attack went though.

I thought about that too, and the reason I don't like big swords is because that outline can be hit with a non-targeting at-will. But several times after going in stealth I got hit by multiple encounter powers, not AoE effects.

The reason why I'm posting this is to see if more TR's experience this, because I really got the impression those guys saw me, not matter what, and that didn't feel right.
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Encounters like Frontline Surge of GF can hit fairly easy and everything else that don't need a target to execute can hit as well. But for those stuff you need a target it NORMALLY shouldn't hit you, because they can't target you. However as said, sometimes you get "visible" for like 0.1 - 0.3s during stealth, most likely it is if you are to close or you using at-will or a combination of both.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I experienced the same thing yesterday. I was playing around with various different builds and one of them being a ranged stealth based build. It sucked badly as people hit on me as if I wasn't in stealth at all. So yeah - I kind of feel the same but I guess the main reason for that could be lag/high latency. Still it feels somewhat broken, when you run up to a CW in stealth and start attacking him with CoS yet he still manages to choke/freeze you while your stealth is still up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Still it feels somewhat broken, when you run up to a CW in stealth and start attacking him with CoS yet he still manages to choke/freeze you while your stealth is still up.

That's just the thing, some players either ignore me when I stealth, or really don't see me. I checked in the last couple of fights, I had no effect on me and yet three guys found me as a target and let me do what rogues do best without stealth, die.

I'm really wondering if an exploit is being used, or if it's indeed just the lag (which I have in abundance coming from Europe)
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not lag - the red target circle will still appear if they mouse over you in stealth mode when you are in close range. That's how they're able to target you, simple as that. Getting LB'd by another rogue while you're in stealth mode means that rogue noticed the red target circle when he/she moused over the area that you are walking in and had fast enough reflexes to act on it.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you also use encounters this way? Cause that's what happened to me quite a few times.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When i play my GWF, i know where the TR is gonna be (its not hard to guess where they wil run to in stealth mode ore from what direction they wil attack '-.-) and i can pummel them down even if they are stealthed, it just required non-locked use of skills. (basicly aiming at air) They are stealthed, it's supose to be an illusion, it doesnt make them imune to damage o.O
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You also see the weapons of a rogue glowing if in stealth. It's fairly easy to spot a stealthed rogue, if you have time to be aware and know what to look for ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Can they fix this... kinda sux thinking ur stealth but yet still get attackec as if ur not...
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    You also see the weapons of a rogue glowing if in stealth. It's fairly easy to spot a stealthed rogue, if you have time to be aware and know what to look for ...

Yeah that kinda takes away the whole point of stealth mode lol. It'd be nice if they could make it so that the weapon becomes cloaked aswell in PvP.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Yeah that kinda takes away the whole point of stealth mode lol. It'd be nice if they could make it so that the weapon becomes cloaked aswell in PvP.

Agreed, I was already worried when I saw the glowing on that glowing enchantment. I even had to switch weapons to non-glowing runed ones because some player kept picking up on it.

I did some more PvP last night. Effects are like a big neon signs hovering over your stealthed character, and it seems that the closer you are, the more effects you have and how engaged you are with another player determines the level of stealth.