test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the current review process

meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I have a serious issue with the current review process and it's overall lack of user-friendliness

I just published my first Foundry Quest and asked some friends and guildee's to go review it and provide feedback. One of them spent over an hour going through the quests, that are currently there, and only got though half of the list. I gave him the short-code for my quest, but he can't search the list by author or short-code, like you can for all the other quests. There also doesn't seem to be any logic, I can discerns, to the order in which the quests show up. If I just published a quest and it says it's uploaded yet it doesn't appear at, or near, the top or bottom of the list.

So how on earth can you get your quest reviewed, if nobody can find it to play? Do quests roll off the current review list eventually if they don't reach the 5 review mark? Why can't we choose to roll them to New, if after days/weeks nobody has even looked at them? This system really takes the joy out of the whole Foundry setup, in my opinion, because it takes something that should be a good experience for an author and turns it into a completely frustrating experience.

My quest is called Storming Monte Hall (NW-DEH6FU5KB, so if you happen to see it I'd appreciate a review of it.
Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
Post edited by meysa on

Comments

• Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can search by the code. I don't see how they couldn't find it that way.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    You can search by the code. I don't see how they couldn't find it that way.

I've had it before that a quest isn't found by using the code. This, though, often takes place quite shortly after the quest is published. (Hour to two hours after publish.) It also doesn't happen all of the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Interesting, I'll have to try again. Or maybe I'm not being patient enough with their search engine. I did just try to search for a code that someone listed in a trade thread and could not find it
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meysa wrote: »
    Interesting, I'll have to try again. Or maybe I'm not being patient enough with their search engine. I did just try to search for a code that someone listed in a trade thread and could not find it

The Foundry works in mysterious ways.
    Good luck, though. I hope it works for you soon.

(Also, be sure you have the correct code, no spaces are used, etc, etc. Not meaning to sound rude, but a typo happens to all of us.)
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, make sure it's in caps when you do the search.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And also make sure you are using the code in the BEST tab not the NEW tab as you would think.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    YEs, thank you. I just figured that out. So I'll amend my previous statements to be to make your interface make sense. There is no reason you can't logically separate the quests and give the For Review quests a search capability.