test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to perform this interaction at this time.

thej0shthej0sh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I couldn't find a thread on this topic that wasn't closed. However, i wanted to add something that i haven't seen written so far.

The Bug: You're standing in front of a chest/lever/anything that can be activated by pressing F. But when you try, you only get the message "Unable to perform this interaction at this time.".

It is known that this can be caused by monsters having aggro on you. Sometimes through a closed door - which makes it a bug. But many times it happens for no obvious reason at all. Having cleared a whole dungeon, checked all rooms several times, no monsters left, but still the chest holding your loot is sitting there, laughing at you.

When i read about the aggro thing i started to pay attention to the way my cleric was holding her weapon. And i was able to reproduce this bug on a certain quest (i'm sure there are other places to reproduce it). It's the quest "Dragon Attack" in Neverdeath Graveyard given by Tristopher Chettlebell, the annoying self proclaimed genius. It's right when you enter the Monini Crypts at the first chest in the tunnel (quest part "Fight through the tunnel"). There are a few mobs to kill before you get to the chest, and there are traps on both sides of it.

Now, when i move around that room after killing the mobs, my cleric raises her symbol as soon as she approaches the chest. So there seems to be some aggro trigger although no mobs seem to be anywhere near. There are several possibilities:
  • There are mobs around that i haven't found. Maybe behind a wall.
  • The mobs i killed somehow still produce aggro.
  • There are mobs supposed to spawn at the chest and produce aggro although they fail to spawn.
  • The traps somehow produce aggro.

Right now i can't think of any other reason. But even when you think it has nothing to do with aggro, it probably does... the question is how. If anyone wants to investigate - that spot was reliable for reproducing the bug so far.