test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTS / Offer Behaviour

2»

Comments

• Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mance7 wrote: »
    I've experience this as well in MANY mmo's. I have a strong back ground with business education and 20 years experience in business. And the first rule of 'selling' is know the value of your item and what you want for it. It is not the buyers responsibility to guess what you want for it. Which is exactly what these blind 'Make me a offer' people are doing. The other major problem is the 'Make me a offer' folks have no idea how to haggle or barter over price. They want a fixed price allot of the time, and will sell it to first person that guesses their imagined price. Silly. If you know what you want for it, and have a fixed price in mind. They have an Auction house for that! Direct trade is, and only for those that want to dump something fast, at usually a reduced rate. I simply do not respond to 'Make me a Offer' silly people anymore. They have no idea what they are doing. Now if someone specifically puts up WTS [Item X] for 50, 000 AD. Chances are that is the opening price they want, and by the rules of batter, and haggle you should be able to knock that down 10-15% just by going back and forth. But that is a lost art, and allot of young people do not understand what the true spirit of trade is. They have been raised in the, "It costs 49.99" no exception price fixing corporate era.

EDIT: And never ever believe someone that says 'I have this offer already'. That is in poor forum, and usually a flat out lie. Because if you did get that offer, and your ok with that offer. Why are you still taking offers. Your offending both the new offers and the guy that offered higher. Keep your offers secret. Its the polite way to do business. And just so where clear. Bidding and offers are not the same thing. When someone tells me they got 'this offer already' I ask for the name of the person offering that . As the seller just made it a public auction bid and in a bidding war you confront your opponent. See the difference there. If they refuse to give it. You know the offer was a lie for fluff.

This is good information. In the past, if I want to make money in an MMO economy, I'd work the auction house. If I needed fast coin for something, WTS X, 10% less than AH usually got me my money pretty quick. Having people "make offer" is a way to either bait people into buying for to high or establishing a perceived baseline price for when they do a real WTS or AH sale.

As always, caveat emptor.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    mance7mance7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thaliff wrote: »
    As always, caveat emptor.

Indeed. And for those of you that do not speak or know simple legal Latin. "Let the Buyer beware"

Edit: And yes I'm aware Latin is a dead language and no one 'Speaks' it. Put that fire out before the trolls eat me.