test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No logout to character select?

poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why is there no quick character select logout? One takes me to login...the other takes me out of neverwinter completely.
Post edited by poac1 on

Comments

• Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you type /gotocharacterselect and let the 15 sec timer time down it takes you to char screen.

If you type /bind 0 "gotocharacterselect" it will bind that command to your 0 key so then you just have to press 0 instead of typing the whole thing.
  • Options
    danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Oh gawd, I REALLY want an answer to this one because it's something that drives me bonkers. What is the point of logging out of the game back to having to put in the password again compared to just logging completely out of game and rebooting it?

My preference would be given the choice of " logging out" of game as in closing completely or "logging out to character selection"

It just makes better sense and it's what everyone is used to in every other game.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    danzlyra wrote: »
    Oh gawd, I REALLY want an answer to this one because it's something that drives me bonkers. What is the point of logging out of the game back to having to put in the password again compared to just logging completely out of game and rebooting it?

My preference would be given the choice of " logging out" of game as in closing completely or "logging out to character selection"

It just makes better sense and it's what everyone is used to in every other game.

one closes the whole game (if you want to stop)
    the other just brings you to the login screen (if you're afk or somethin like that but dont want to be ingame)

duh
  • Options
    danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Duh, I just implied I knew that. I'd like the logging out to login screen changed to logging out to character select.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    If you type /gotocharacterselect and let the 15 sec timer time down it takes you to char screen.

If you type /bind 0 "gotocharacterselect" it will bind that command to your 0 key so then you just have to press 0 instead of typing the whole thing.

Thanks...seems odd there is a client command and no easily visible way to do it.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danzlyra wrote: »

Aye but this is Cryptic/PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Thank you,this is very helpful and I'll do this too.
  • Options
    airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, sadly, it took Cryptic a couple of years to add a "return to character select" option to STO. I hope it doesn't take them that long to add it here too.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be fair, there STILL is not an option for this in CO. The game that pretty much invented alt'itus is the one that is the most annoying to switch characters in. Just doing a daily on 10+ characters can cause friends to unfriend me.

Sockmunkey has logged on.
    Sockmunkey has logged off.
    Sockmunkey has logged on.
    Sockmunkey has logged off.

The good news is, Devs here have confirmed NW will be getting a fix like STO. Most likely fairly soon, there have been hints of it being part of the module 1 update.
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Thanks - great fix :)