test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Griefing to prevent glory gain in pvp arenas?

kilios75kilios75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just started running some arenas as i just hit lvl 60 and i seem to be encountering an extremely annoying problem. Apparently the party leader without even needing a vote can boot you at any point in the match, preventing 100% of all glory gain even if the match is almost over.

Our team was losing 700-200ish and the party leader kicked me just because i didn't agree with his strategy. I wasn't rude, and barely even said anything, and all of the sudden i'm seeing a loading screen. The entire dialogue was "we need a plan" and i responded "the plan is to lose lol".

He then told the other players in the match i was kicked for "toxic and hateful speech"

Why do the party leaders in arena have so much power to screw over honest players just because theyre having a bad day or on a power trip?
Post edited by kilios75 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are looking into this, last I heard - people were doing something similar in dungeons so as to keep the items to themselves.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TL;DR

This game is not pay to win, so please stop bashing a good game. When you pay money you only get advantages that let you win over free players. Its not rocket-archaeology, you just need to pay a little if you want to be good. Jobs a pretty easy to get in this economy, so np there.

The only real losers are the ones who do not support a good company that does a good game that is good.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't believe the Neverwinter developers play MMOs. This has been a problem in every single game where group leaders have unilateral control over kicking players from groups, and can kick while in combat, etc.

Anyone who's been paying attention to MMO mechanics over the past decade knows you can't allow group leaders too much control over the group, because they aren't really a "leader." They are just some random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who the game decided should be in charge for no particular reason. Authority needs to be earned.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    I've encountered this a lot, leader kicks you because you don't follow him and heal him, even though objectives are the name of the game...on Beholder there are a lot of foreign (maybe every server?) and they will kick you if you don't speak french or german etc.

One guy had leader and was a bot, somebody got everyone to agree to report him so he kicked everyone and went back to afk.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

This does nothing, 85% of the time the form errors, or doesn't get sent, or you don't get confirmation it was received.
  • lostdrafteelostdraftee Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poac1 wrote: »
    Disregard this! I suck candies!
    Even forums are polished and free of bugs not to mention that it's not letting anyone to exploit, don't you think?
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

This game is not pay to win, so please stop bashing a good game. When you pay money you only get advantages that let you win over free players. Its not rocket-archaeology, you just need to pay a little if you want to be good. Jobs a pretty easy to get in this economy, so np there.

The only real losers are the ones who do not support a good company that does a good game that is good.

Let me guess. 2 or more browsers open with more than one NW forum thread, typed up response in a word doc then pasted into the wrong thread, for the win. :p
  • lostdrafteelostdraftee Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Let me guess. 2 or more browsers open with more than one NW forum thread, typed up response in a word doc then pasted into the wrong thread, for the win. :p
    Not bother to edit or delete. Respond to everyone who did respond. Bingo!
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »

You have chosen... poorly.
This discussion has been closed.