test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Improvements to be made.

denatodenato Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i was wondering what improvements you would all like to see in the game. I for one have been thinking that they should increase coin amount in epic dungeons and in castle never as well as start dropping elixirs/buff pots with the inclusion of greater identification scrolls (i know how much you guys hate spending that extra AD for em :D). So put whatever you think would be a nice improvement to the game as it is now whether it be new class implementations or improvements recent classes or other things you can think of.
Post edited by denato on

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I generally place fixes over additions. More important to have a working product than a giant product.
    I also know that different people do different things in terms of development, so just because they add one thing doesn't mean that they are not working on other things as well.

1) Fix bugs/close exploits: This should be the top priority, always. If they have to pull people from this or that to help out here, then so be it.

2) New quests/storylines: Foundry is all well and good, but having more options in terms of gameplay is always better.

3) New classes: Players want to play a class that they can have fun with. More classes mean more opportunities for people to find something that they love.

4) More itemization: Helps a player better create their character. The change appearance option is nice, but still only goes so far. The vast majority of every weapon that you find is still that basic weapon for whatever class; Your GWF can have a greatsword that looks like this or that or the other. If they want a greataxe they have many fewer options. And what if they want a halbard? Or a maul? Or just a giant club?

They do not need to make these special drops. Special drops are all well and good for some particular skins, but every time a weapon drops for a particular class, it should be from a random selection of weapon types that the class in question can use.

A rogue should find plenty of handaxes and clubs in addition to the daggers that they find now. A guardian fighter should be able to choose from a variety of morningstars, battle axes, and warhammers in addition to the standard longswords.
    When they add battle clerics, warlords, paladins, and whatever other weapon-using classes down the line, they should include a variety of weapon types for them as well.

5) New races: Basics are covered, but there is always room for expansion. New races like the Genasi as well as sub-races like Duergar. And if they want a species to be more 'rare', they can charge for them. Someone wants to play a Kobold or Lizardman? $5.00. Githyanki or Githzerai? $10.00. Minotaur? $20.00.
    I think that some races/species should be strictly off-limits, but there are plenty of 'normal' races that can be added still.

So those would be my top 5, I guess.