test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

illusionary walls

slatraslatra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Been searching foundry details for about an hour looking for illusionary walls.

Not looking for invisible walls... What i'm looking for is a wall you can walk through that looks solid until you approach it. Same sort of thing you find in a few 5man dungeons.

I'm sure someone uses these in a foundry quest, if they are available to us to use. Maybe someone knows the name of this detail/door or whatever it is.
Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

Hell Gate NW-DT6I0MSEZ Great for a small group of 2-3 friends

Hell Gate: Return NW-DERICH2GY Quick and Simple Hack & Slash
Post edited by slatra on

Comments

• vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can't help you with that, I can only confirm that it's true. I read a post of a person that used such walls. Though he was talking like he found something of a workaround or a trick to use them.

I don't know how, but you can do it. Keep trying!
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is a link to the post about illusory walls.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?297011-False-walls-created
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slatra wrote: »
    What i'm looking for is a wall you can walk through that looks solid until you approach it. Same sort of thing you find in a few 5man dungeons.
    These do not exist in the Foundry, the ones that "melt away", though the fake wall trick does.

For devs reading, this is the second time today the question has been asked.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?311031-Is-there-a-way-to-add-those-cool-fake-walls-the-warpy-looking-ones
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can use the fake wall trick posted above me, but don't rely on it. It's a bug and "may" get fixed someday... I say with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
  • nubsorsnubsors Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use it until the bug is fixed and hopefully by then illusionary walls are in and you can switch them out.
    Here is my Quest. I plan to make it a story arch.
    NW-DBW5IYNH3
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I have found that if I made a hole in the wall for a doorway, then rotated a "rug" to cover the door way, it lets you run through it while still hiding the door way. Not cosmetically awesome, but I guess it could work if you're in a castle or somewhere with tapestries on the wall. I don't think the green rugs work, but the others did. /shrug :)

Edit: rambling: It'd be nice to be able to set collision for objects.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can also set it demonstrated in the DM's Studio instance: NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    It only takes a minute or two.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?310642-DM-s-Studio-NW-DHZ5DAV4R-any-use
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4