test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connecting to NWO guilds via Pidgin?

jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, we're wondering. We've connected to the guilds in Pidgin from Champions Online no problem through guilds.crypticspace.com - Usually the guilds are live!guildname and the addition of a + in place of a space if there is one.

On NWO however, guilds.crypticspace.com isn't pulling up any guilds. Our guild is House Rin'aghar and we've tried to connect to guilds.crypticspace.com with live!house+rin'aghar to no avail as well as live!house+rin+aghar - Does anyone know how this can be remedied?
Post edited by jadetora on

Comments

• jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone? Maybe?
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What the **** is NWO? New World Order?

...Neverwinter Online.. it's the moniker by which the game is frequently referred to..
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    ...Neverwinter Online.. it's the moniker by which the game is frequently referred to..

No it isn't, it's called Neverwinter or NW. There is no such game as NWO.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Only by morons. Ask yourself: am I a moron? If you feel the answer is 'no', you will call the game by its name: Neverwinter, or NW.

FAQ?

I was promised Hello Kitty!

I want a refund!
    edited May 2013
    So unhelpful responses ignored. Anyone have any clue how to fix this problem? Or.. actually, you know.. relevant responses?
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So unhelpful responses ignored. Anyone have any clue how to fix this problem? Or.. actually, you know.. relevant responses?

Correcting you so you don't look like an idiot is unhelpful? Ok troll.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This will possibly not be available until they open the PTS.
    From what I'm reading, you have to have PTS access on CO / STO to be able to use Pidgin with those games.

If it is working, you should be able to see any friends online and join the custom channels already...
    edited May 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    This will possibly not be available until they open the PTS.
    From what I'm reading, you have to have PTS access on CO / STO to be able to use Pidgin with those games.

If it is working, you should be able to see any friends online and join the custom channels already...

Well we're perfectly able to join channels. Through the channels.crypticspace.com connection. Just as in CO, those work perfectly fine.. It's just the Guild we're having trouble with.. which is very odd..

But thank you for the response.
    edited May 2013
    Well we're perfectly able to join channels. Through the channels.crypticspace.com connection. Just as in CO, those work perfectly fine.. It's just the Guild we're having trouble with.. which is very odd..

But thank you for the response.

I'd ask down in Tech Support maybe? Until you brought it up, I never even knew it was possible... (probably because I'm not in a Fleet or Supergroup...)
    edited May 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    I'd ask down in Tech Support maybe? Until you brought it up, I never even knew it was possible... (probably because I'm not in a Fleet or Supergroup...)

We'll give that a try, yea. Thank you. :)
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey jadetora-

This is an experimental/unsupported feature so I apologize for not having more concrete information regarding it's functionality.

I asked around and did hear of one suggestion, though:

Try Dragon!<guildname> instead of Live!<guildname>

Example:

Dragon!<guildname> instead of Live!<guildname>

I apologize in advance if that does not resolve your issue. If you happen to find a solution that allows you to overcome this obstacle, definitely let us know!
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Try Shard!<guildname> instead of Live!<guildname>

Example:

Think a minor mistype there... ;)
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey jadetora-

This is an experimental/unsupported feature so I apologize for not having more concrete information regarding it's functionality.

I asked around and did hear of one suggestion, though:

Try Dragon!<guildname> instead of Live!<guildname>

Example:

I apologize in advance if that does not resolve your issue. If you happen to find a solution that allows you to overcome this obstacle, definitely let us know!

a698dbee8dd8a1019bce91541dc8db6e.png

Tried connecting with the suggested, both with the room being Mindflayer!house+rin'aghar as well as the server being mindflayer.crypticspace.com, however no luck. We're unsure..

Are the Guilds in NWO being hosted on a separate server different from guilds.crypticspace.com? And if not, could it potentially be the ' in 'House Rin'aghar' that is causing the issue? Would it need to be altered to something else? As spaces in these names to connect to guilds in CO come out to for example "live!of+the+red+queens"

92d3ded8946abf977c39d14b2c75d2f4.png

Such as is seen above.
  • derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect the single quote (') in the guild name may be causing issues here as well, as I have not had any luck getting xmpp to connect to custom channels with that character in their name either.

We may need to escape it somehow (\'), or maybe even need to wait for a dev to shed some light on the matter.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
    edited May 2013
    I suspect the single quote (') in the guild name may be causing issues here as well, as I have not had any luck getting xmpp to connect to custom channels with that character in their name either.

We may need to escape it somehow (\'), or maybe even need to wait for a dev to shed some light on the matter.

Yeh.. since spaces translate as +, that's what we were thinking. The ' must be expressed as something different, but we have no clue -what- the difference could be. Dezstravus was looking into it, maybe we'll be lucky and he'll come back? :D *hopeful*
  • uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    You could try replacing the ' with %27. It's how it is usually done in URLs, so might work here, too.
  • derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. So I logged on to Champions Online again to make a supergroup with a ' in the name.

Pulling up the supergroup channel list in pidgin shows all the SGs my other characters belong to, but this one is absent.
    So, it might just be that it's completely impossible to have pidgin connect to custom/SG channels that include the ' character at all, as things are right now.

I recall there was a Gateway bug a few weeks ago where characters with apostrophes in their names glitched out.
    Perhaps a similar issue is happening here? :)
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. So I logged on to Champions Online again to make a supergroup with a ' in the name.

Pulling up the supergroup channel list in pidgin shows all the SGs my other characters belong to, but this one is absent.
    So, it might just be that it's completely impossible to have pidgin connect to custom/SG channels that include the ' character at all, as things are right now.

I recall there was a Gateway bug a few weeks ago where characters with apostrophes in their names glitched out.
    Perhaps a similar issue is happening here? :)

Yeh. We also tried the %27 suggestion, no good. We've sent a support email to Pidgin's help desk. We specifically asked them if the ' character was expressed in some special way, we'll see what they have to say.