test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major Lag Issues

eienryuueienryuu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, I have this lag issue that started recently.Every day at 6pm(That's eastern European time, meaning around 9-11 am in the US), I start to lag big time.And I don't mean "Oh no 300ms", I teleport all over the place and a message in red appears on my screen saying "Cant connect to the server" or something and counting until the end of time.I rarely get disconnected it just lags as HELL until 12am, sometimes even 1-2am.
Can anybody tell me if it's just me and my ISP or is the problem server side ?Again I am from Eastern Europe.
Didn't really have this problem 4 days ago, although I started playing recently ( a week and a half ago).
Post edited by eienryuu on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is, I noticed that even though the game freezes while trying to connect to the server and I can't even move or do anything at all, the chat still goes on and I can see people typing.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's about the time that maintenance ends. Is this happening on the days with maintenance or without?
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit, misread the time for am/pm lol.

I do not know, is it still bad outside of the main town?

It is not the server. I have played those hours (Eastern usa here, so 8am and onward, I have played those times). The server is smooth for the most part, once in a while town is clunky, and by that I mean I may get 1 or 2 rubberbands or slowdowns in an hour.

It could be side effects; a few million USA people just got up or to work and hit the bandwidth. Could be the traffic in the states combined with your already long distance link is getting bogged down in a router somewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I hope it's not the servers, I hope the problem is in my ISP (they might have some issues themselves, so I have to check with them too) because I kinda like this game and unfortunately it's pretty much unplayable for me at the moment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it is not the servers. About 8pm - 12 eastern timezone is the bulk of the server slam, and even then, its not unplayable, it just has a bit of congestion in the full instances of town. I think town instances need the capacity cut to about 75% of the current as a full instance seems to choke up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It used to be normal a few days ago. So no, not at all. My net is as smooth as always. This is a server issue.

But that is the point. It is probably not the server. If the server were lagged, everyone would have the issue: the server does not pick and choose who gets to play lag free and who gets fubared. The server is not (unplayably) laggy for most players during those hours, or any other hours. Something between you (and maybe all of europe) and it is having a problem. Could be your isp, could be some satellite, could be a router or something, who knows? If you had the server IP address you could traceroute it. That probably is not too difficult to figure out if you wanted to try it, you won't get all the way to the server but you will get close enough to verify your connection.
  • Options
    nitemaredreamsnitemaredreams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game is fun but due to the major lag, server not responding, or just plan being reset, is it worth playing at all, I was reset 25 times in the half hour I was on, server not responding at least that many times, and no its not my IP provider. Please see if you can do something about this as I do enjoy the same and wish to stay but wont if I cant play.
  • Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Protector's Enclave is the only place I ever have any trouble, but it's a freaking mess.
  • Options
    auitinauitin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This issue is still ongoing. I am not able to move more than a few steps before rubberbanding back. This is making the game unplayable, got to be a router issue. Please fix!
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Massive lag problems in PE when on full instance of 150 people. Normaly swap to a lower pop instance and that fixs it but most PE instances where full so had to put up with it.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nephilim83 wrote: »
    Protector's Enclave is the only place I ever have any trouble, but it's a freaking mess.

Besides Enclave, I often find Sharandar very laggy (specially the last area) and Gauntlgrym PvP is barely playable.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Wow usually after a patch is launched it fixes things. It seems after reading posts on here they usually break more then they fix.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    I'm gonna close this thread for necro. Please start a new thread if you're still seeing issues.
This discussion has been closed.