test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Before you touch any specific class for PvP... Fix overall damage first

nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
There are quite a few threads stating Nerf TRs, Nerf GWFs or Nerf CWs in PvP. I think you people need to take a step back and look at the common problem.

Currently, PvP is similar to league of legends, or an FPS in speed sometimes. The problem isn't a particular class, its the overall damage being done by everyone that changes High End PvP into a quick twitch game rather than allow for deeper strats and tactics.

As a High Level, geared out CW, I can tell you that even a Guardian Fighter can 100 to 0 me if they are geared out. Too many knock downs and stuns coupled with good damage means from the first disable, to the end - I can't do anything. Obviously this also applies to TRs and CWs and GWFs.

Now - whats that mean? It means there is waaay to much damage going on from everybody! Lets address that first please then once combat is taking 3 times as long (ooh - 12 seconds or so), we can see exactly who is still killing people too fast/without a chance to react.
Post edited by nerhesi on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerhesi wrote: »
    Now - whats that mean? It means there is waaay to much damage going on from everybody! Lets address that first please then once combat is taking 3 times as long (ooh - 12 seconds or so), we can see exactly who is still killing people too fast/without a chance to react.

Still TRs and CWs.

Oh, and let me tell you this:
    Its not dmg that makes people QQ over GWF, its the control.
  • Options
    nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Still TRs and CWs.

Oh, and let me tell you this:
    Its not dmg that makes people QQ over GWF, its the control.

No - it's damage, and control.

Control wouldn't be an issue if I it still took 30 seconds to kill you, even if you were controlled for 10 seconds of those (control lasts for how long in pvp? around 25% of the duration? maybe 33%? except knockdowns)

I can 1 shot people.
    I can be 1 shot by people.
    I can take over 30k of damage from a stealthed rogue without him ever coming out of stealth - lol.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its also the sucky defense everyone gets except for fighters. Why should clerics get sucky defense and no deflection, it makes no sense.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    There are quite a few threads stating Nerf TRs, Nerf GWFs or Nerf CWs in PvP. I think you people need to take a step back and look at the common problem.

Currently, PvP is similar to league of legends, or an FPS in speed sometimes. The problem isn't a particular class, its the overall damage being done by everyone that changes High End PvP into a quick twitch game rather than allow for deeper strats and tactics.

As a High Level, geared out CW, I can tell you that even a Guardian Fighter can 100 to 0 me if they are geared out. Too many knock downs and stuns coupled with good damage means from the first disable, to the end - I can't do anything. Obviously this also applies to TRs and CWs and GWFs.

I completely agree with this. Lower the damage...the earlier levels pvp was so much fun. At 60 there's just way too much damage.
  • Options
    g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rofl the whole idea need a huge big fix for pvp. it is just a messed up collage party. Maybe there should be pvp skills only, like in Guild Wars pvp.
  • Options
    adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personaly I think the damage done by classes are just fine, I mean there is no need to lower down the damage of skills, the problem mainly is from weapon slot (the purple soket), what about disable those gems in pvp? I mean in the same way has been done with companions, just don't make them use and half of the problem are solved, same for armor enchantment slot, just for balance.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adruken wrote: »
    Personaly I think the damage done by classes are just fine, I mean there is no need to lower down the damage of skills, the problem mainly is from weapon slot (the purple soket), what about disable those gems in pvp? I mean in the same way has been done with companions, just don't make them use and half of the problem are solved, same for armor enchantment slot, just for balance.

defense isn't usually a problem unless you have a GF that never loses any health even when a group is attacking it from all sides imaginable over a non-short duration of time (I've seen that BS before)... insane damage is a problem and having tenes in places other than weapon slots is BS

I remember one match I was in where someone commented that 11,000 damage as a cleric was they highest they'd seen while a rogue hit a non-daily 69,000 damage critical in the same match.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its also the sucky defense everyone gets except for fighters. Why should clerics get sucky defense and no deflection, it makes no sense.

Because they have self-heals? I've meet some clerics who are very good at tanking/mobility. Just constantly using that dodge-teleport thing and healing themselves. Can be very hard to kill.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can agree. There is far too much damage going out across the board in PvP. The maps are really small too which only works to amplify the problem.
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Imho the only solution without having to rewrite pvp and pve mechanics is to change deflection against players. Some classes can stack it and get an enormous advantage on top of their hp and def. It's also not counterable like defense is vs arp.

Deflection should more or less do what resilience did in wow. Either tie it to crit damage reduction, or crit chance reduction or simply don't make it scale so well on effective health like avoidance does. Even a flat damage reduction undiminished by arp would work. This would give some more survivability so that you can actually get out of stunlocks and wouldn't make impossible to kill some well geared gf and gwf.

As long as there is only domination, squishy classes have no chance to survive or dent tanks holding a base and tanks gets an enormous return in therms of effective health.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013

You got three blinks , ****ing dodge the attacks with them.

I'm a TR and i **** on GFs, because i know how to dodge their knocks and lowering their shield with my daggers.

Please understand this is a domination pvp, not a freaking death match...you can still win without having to kill everyone 1 vs 1.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gamer_no_life.png
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    drungorthdrungorth Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    You got three blinks , ****ing dodge the attacks with them.

I'm a TR and i **** on GFs, because i know how to dodge their knocks and lowering their shield with my daggers.

Please understand this is a domination pvp, not a freaking death match...you can still win without having to kill everyone 1 vs 1.

Thank you. This is true.

You know what people who all have pve full dps builds...
    It is normal u all hit like trucks....u have gear and builds for it.

I bet even a CW going max HP + tene will do much better than a full dps one in pvp

For now i just think those GF hits a bit too hard with tene...rest seems pretty fine.