test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One thing about Dying Armour that confuses me

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I notice that when I dye an item for my TR it will not let me select the area I want to dye, yet I can on my DC...can someone tell me what's up with that is it a bug?
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exact same dye?

Some of the zen ones dye all three areas with no choice in the matter. If I remember correctly, dye packs only do the entire thing, dye bottles allow the selection.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah there are 2 different types of dye. One dyes a whole armor piece, the other lets you select 1 of the 3 areas to dye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladybedlamladybedlam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for starting this thread...I was confused with it as well.
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the leather part can only take certain colors , like brown and blacks . Just a guess I don't have a rogue . And the pirate hat , if you die it pink it looks red , use red and it looks brown .
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome thanks guys now that makes sense...but not the best way to do things, if folks are going to lay out any type of currency for their Dye (real or virtual) they should have the choice.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What really annoys me is that certain Zen dyes look nothing like their store pictures. Word of advice, never try to dye plate black.

Ebon Darkness pack looks identical to putting a black dye in all 3 slots.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Single dyes
    Green
    Blue
    Purple
    Red
    Black
    Pink

Dye Packs (they dye a piece in 3 pre-set colors based on the dye pack, you can't separate).
    Nightmare Dye Pack - 45 Tarmalune Bars
    Celestial Dye Pack - 15 Ardent Coins
    High Harvest Dye Pack - 35 Tarmalune Bars
    Ebon Darkness Dye Pack
    Winter Wolf Dye Pack
    Neverwinterian Noble Dye Pack
    Elemental Ember Dye Pack
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    What really annoys me is that certain Zen dyes look nothing like their store pictures. Word of advice, never try to dye plate black.

Ebon Darkness pack looks identical to putting a black dye in all 3 slots.

Yes it does, it works great for cloth though...they certainly need to tweak things.
    edited May 2013
    One thing I hope we see is new dye types, maybe some that have colour, but doesn't kill the shine of armor, it would also be great if we could dye hilts of weapons and such, but that goes into the whole weapon customizing thread and I'll save that for another time.
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Can you combine a dye pack with dye bottles? For example if I want to use a Winter Wolf pack and then give the armor a hint of blue or red can I do it?

Also, does the dye remover destroy the dye totally or will it extract the original dye bottle/pack? It would be nice if it did save the original bottle.
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you combine a dye pack with dye bottles? For example if I want to use a Winter Wolf pack and then give the armor a hint of blue or red can I do it?

Also, does the dye remover destroy the dye totally or will it extract the original dye bottle/pack? It would be nice if it did save the original bottle.

To your first question, yes. You can apply any number of dyes after applying a dye pack.

To your second question, no. You don't get anything back.
  • lordscimitarlordscimitar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this thread, this answered the questions I had too. :)
    There is but one destination, to which all paths inevitably lead...
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I've noticed if you use the class dyes you can't chooses where or how it's placed.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU