test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greedy...

2»

Comments

• th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, 30-40$ for lil ponies that you could temporarily use in town since this game doesn't have a Huge World is pretty **** high, a coavalecent ward cost 1000 zen you tell me if the prices aren't ridiculous.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    Yeah, 30-40$ for lil ponies that you could temporarily use in town since this game doesn't have a Huge World is pretty **** high, a coavalecent ward cost 1000 zen you tell me if the prices aren't ridiculous.

Yeah the prices here are highway robbery. But you have a choice to pay or not.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont mind paying for things i do. But the prices are far too high, ive spent alot of money on other F2P models, but things like
    $6 to open up some bank slots? $40 for a companion?

I wont open my wallet until prices go down, Im all for throwing money at things i like or want. But for the prices they are charging, im not getting anything back that is worth while. If im unlock mundane things, i want it available account-wide.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    i dont mind paying for things i do. But the prices are far too high, ive spent alot of money on other F2P models, but things like

I wont open my wallet until prices go down, Im all for throwing money at things i like or want. But for the prices they are charging, im not getting anything back that is worth while. If im unlock mundane things, i want it available account-wide.

Not gonna happen PWI needs to maintain profitability for their stock holders.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    grimah wrote: »

actually I think the reason will be the AD-Zen Exchange. while it is a good feature which it can make even a full-free-player that not spend a dim can get cash item, it also "destroying" market price. why? easy, now think how easy can get a Respec token with a minimum at all prices, let see, to get 600Z you need at least 3000AD since the minimum exchange is 50AD/Z, hold yer horses, I know you will say "thats cute! the minimum price is 300AD/Z you moron!" like I say it is example of minimum prices. if you can get respec token with just 3000AD, even if I make it 30000AD it still easy right, think of how many people will start "digging" rather than "paying", so, well, since the server maintenance is not that cheap, so lets rise the price. well, thats my opinion though ... :D
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Some of the cash shop items in my opinion could be a better value, and they more than likely will be once the game is not so new, or there will be sales on certain things for them to try and keep their revenue up. The mounts are a bit pricey, but they are comparable to a lot of subscription based games where your already paying $15 a month and then the mount costs $20.

On the other hand, unless your speaking directly about PvP in which case I feel mounts should not be allowed, unless its a large conquest style map like Guildwars II. The mounts are disabled inside of dungeons, and at level 60 your not running large distances like you would in Everquest, or other large scale open world games. As a matter of fact I seldom even leave Protectors Enclave, aside dungeon Q's. If there aren't really any open large scale places you need to cross to really get anywhere this means the mount is a convenience at lower levels, and purely cosmetic at end game. So, your really paying $30 to look cool and level your alt faster.

Companions, like the Ioun Stone of Allure for $20 is a direct buff to your avatar with whatever you equip on them to exclude hit points plus a small boost for two stats like recovery and power. In this particular example, you can acquire the cat a comparable item for Astral Diamonds. Meaning that this is almost required, and a very powerful item adding almost 2k to my gear score if you totaled it in. If you choose to, you could farm Astral Diamonds and acquire the cat, or as a convince you can spend $20 and buy the Ioun Stone outright.

The $10 wards required to combine weapon and armor enchants, can also be acquired for silver bars you get from opening nightmare boxes, or you have a fairly high chance of getting one every 7 days for free by spending your tokens from praying at an altar, or fire once a day. Meaning that the $10 you can choose to spend on a ward is a convince if you wish to save time and purchase one. In this case I would like the celest coin cost for this particular item every 3 days pretty please instead of 7.

The $16 profession asset packs, considering you can not get the green or blue or purple tools any other way are in a way a little unfair. At the same time this is the only way to craft moddable shirt and pants with an enchantment slot, meaning that your going to make a lot of Astral Diamonds which can be converted back into Zen for investing in these packs, so these are an investment by the player to later on have the resource's to sustain themselves within the Zen market, but tradeskills are not required for end-game. The shirts and pants are, meaning that those that did in fact invest in these tools will indeed eventually make their money back.

The $15 200 charge health stone is perfect for any player and nice to have as well as your typical potions, they last about a month if you don't use it like mad, and there is your sub fee.
  • lassewtlassewt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    Then go pay for a subscription game. You knew coming in this was F2P.

Yeah, I knew it was F2P, which is fine. What isn't fine is the pricing.

And no I will sit here and complain if I want to. :P
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mounts are account bound.

In other words when you buy a mount via the Zen Store it is available on every character for free (No 5 Gold Requirement) once the character reaches level 20.
    Compared to other MMO's which charged 20 dollars or so for a cosmetic mount which is only good on one character I see it as a good deal. *shrugs and smiles*

There are certainly products in the cash shop I can't defend but mounts is certainly one of the good values when you look at the actual product rather than the price.

Umm...that highlighted part should read: "Zen store mounts are account bound.", because I purchased one of the 5 gold mounts from the vendor and it most certainly did NOT register the purchase of a mount for my other character.

Still, one most certainly does not "need" to upgrade mount speed, so the five gold ones are the cheapest way to go. And technically, one does not even need a mount at all, as there's no great distances to travel in this game.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it is available to all characters in the same account, how do you transfer them to another character? I once tried to mail an account-bound item (exp booster), and I couldnt place it in the mail, giving me the same error message as character-bound items.

You don't need to transfer them. Once a Zen store mount is purchased. Its entry on the zen store reads free. From that point any character on your account can log in and claim it.

The XP boosters are currently bugged. Actually they are most likely working but currently there is no way to transfer account items in game. Previous cryptic games allowed account bound items to ONLY be traded via shared bank accounts, something this game lacks.