test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gotta be the longest grind reward ever

millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so as the game sucks now all i do is log in and pray everyday lol, hoping one day it's actually gonna be worth playing again. ((with the exploits fixed, and the economy actually affordable))

but some of the things in this game are some of the longest grinds i have ever seen in an mmo.

crafting.. i have been working on my crafting for a long long while only today i got level 10 leadership, and leather working level 9 ... is a joke ... the stuff you craft is pathetic and a waste of time .. it's bad enough you can only craft for your Class but 99% of the things you craft are junk just pure rubbish, and the amount of time to grind up on crafting will never ever scale with leveling.

worst grind here ..

Ardent Coins

9 months of logging in and praying... you may say .. praying is easy .. but 9 months i don;t even know if this game currently has a lifespan of 9 months buit i have never know a game that actually makes you wait 9 months for a reward .

i would like the mount. but that would take 270 days of logging in and praying... a bit too harsh imo..

ok thats me done for now my rant is over ..:P
"I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
Post edited by millacano on

Comments

• phaezenphaezen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Well you can go 360 Days for the Guardian Angel companion ;-)
  • maniacjimmaniacjim Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You would never cut it as a Templar :)
  • infinitrusinfinitrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    play eve online and u would die to see the amount of time it takes to fly some big ships
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just cause theres something you can get by so many days of logging in, doesnt mean its the first goal you should set. The praying stuff aside of the 7 day ones are pretty much just there so over time people will have something more rare, assuming they spent the time playing actively, its like veteran reward in away. Maybe they should just put those rewards hidden, so it wouldnt bother you so much.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So your complaining about the grind for luxury toys that are not even required to play the game?

Those long term unlocks your refering too are literally only there for cool factor and bragging rights for shear determination....

They plenty of other things that's more practical and more affordable.

And as for crafts, they level very fast if you know what your doing, and some the crafts are lot more usefull than you might think, in fact one the eases the grind for the toys and luxuries
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    So your complaining about the grind for luxury toys that are not even required to play the game?

Those long term unlocks your refering too are literally only there for cool factor and bragging rights for shear determination....

They plenty of other things that's more practical and more affordable

This.
    Angel and other things are exactly same thing as veteran rewards for other games.
    You don't want to be veteran? You won't have it, its that simple.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "GIMME ALL STUFFS NAO!!"

/thread
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    It's funny because in a couple of years, people will be sitting on huge piles of ardent coins, begging the devs to add more things to buy ;)
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    so as the game sucks now all i do is log in and pray everyday lol, hoping one day it's actually gonna be worth playing again. ((with the exploits fixed, and the economy actually affordable))

but some of the things in this game are some of the longest grinds i have ever seen in an mmo.

crafting.. i have been working on my crafting for a long long while only today i got level 10 leadership, and leather working level 9 ... is a joke ... the stuff you craft is pathetic and a waste of time .. it's bad enough you can only craft for your Class but 99% of the things you craft are junk just pure rubbish, and the amount of time to grind up on crafting will never ever scale with leveling.

worst grind here ..

Ardent Coins

9 months of logging in and praying... you may say .. praying is easy .. but 9 months i don;t even know if this game currently has a lifespan of 9 months buit i have never know a game that actually makes you wait 9 months for a reward .

i would like the mount. but that would take 270 days of logging in and praying... a bit too harsh imo..

ok thats me done for now my rant is over ..:P

Oh. Like it already is? Economy is affordable and most exploits have been fixed. Guess there's no issue. Response to the bolded text
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game has a grind? Wow, what MMOs have you played?
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • peacockbladepeacockblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typically I avoid these threads like the plague they are, but I have to point out a glaring mistake by the OP:

You can train in any and/or all of the Profession at once. Heck, one of the slots unlocks after getting 3 skills to level 20.

But the rest are correct - barring any reductions in price, the Angel companion will be a badge of honor if nothing else. (Personally, I don't think it's powerful enough. After all, if someone has spent basically a year logging in every-single-day I think they can have something a bit overpowered.)
  • vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best part about the praying thing... is ALL of your progress will be lost, the second a trees knocks down a powerline in your area, because you can't get on for two days.

Or if you have to go out of town on a business trip.
    Or if you have to go away for that yearly National Guard training.
    Or you end up in the hospital for a few days.

Talk about a grind. Having to restart saving 360 coins all over again!
    Well, something in Real Life happened. You're going to have to give up a year of gaming progress and start over!
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect that the first expansion will be introduced about few months after the 1 year anniversary. Cry will re-introduce the Unicorn Mount (for 360 Ardent Coins) and move the Angel back to 150 coins.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I do agree that some items in the Ardent coin shop are a tad crazy to actually work towards since there's exactly 0 other ways of getting ardent coins.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW grind? Heh, I guess I've been playing the wrong games all this time. Praying once a day for a year isn't a grind. I'll define grind for you, so you can compare:

You spend 2 hours filling a dungeon party; you spend one hour in the dungeon to gain 1% of your level, and after that hour, half the party leaves, so you spend 2 hours refilling to spend one hour grinding to gain 1% of a level. Don't die, death results in a 3% net loss in that dungeon party, if you have "stamina", if not, it's a 3.5% net loss. That's a grind.

Economy busted? What game are you logging in to? The exchange looked healthy about a half hour ago, and the AH wasn't so overpriced that I couldn't afford any of the gear.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »
    The best part about the praying thing... is ALL of your progress will be lost, the second a trees knocks down a powerline in your area, because you can't get on for two days.

Well, something in Real Life happened. You're going to have to give up a year of gaming progress and start over!

The best part about this is it's not true. Ardent coins don't expire. Celestials do, but they only stack to 7.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Typically I avoid these threads like the plague they are, but I have to point out a glaring mistake by the OP:

You can train in any and/or all of the Profession at once. Heck, one of the slots unlocks after getting 3 skills to level 20.

But the rest are correct - barring any reductions in price, the Angel companion will be a badge of honor if nothing else. (Personally, I don't think it's powerful enough. After all, if someone has spent basically a year logging in every-single-day I think they can have something a bit overpowered.)

You can, but it does take a long time. Just like the op I just unlocked level 10. Getting 3 20s would take months so I'm not sure what the point you're making here.

Leadership is fine, but what is the point of crafting? There isn't anything worth crafting even at level 20.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »

Factually incorrect. The angel is bought with Ardent coins, only the celestial coins (max of 7) are lost. So a grind? Really?
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*