Options

AH prices are INSANE

2»

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    afgul wrote: »
    i got one..it says WORN Hammer...you need a regular HAMMER to upgrade to STEEL Hammer then onwards
    You don't NEED green quality hammer for anything. Its just convenience. You are perfectly fine with worn hammer.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    edgenw wrote: »
    Well, they are necessary to craft better quality items. Without them you simply can't. For players who like to craft their own gear because that's something they enjoy doing, that's kind of a big deal.
    You can buy white versions of all the crafting tools . This will let you craft the items , just no chance of getting the bonus craft . The white items come from the crafter mat vendor . She has a second tab . I only use the white swords and armor , why pay more for green ones from AH , since for leadership they do nothing . I have a blue anvil and all it has ever got me is an occasional socket in an item . Definitely not worth 250k .

I feel like you're trying to explain to me how it works when I clearly explained how it works first. :confused: Again, they are necessary to craft better quality items. Without them you can't.
    lerdocix wrote: »
    You don't NEED green quality hammer for anything. Its just convenience. You are perfectly fine with worn hammer.
    That is incorrect. You can not craft higher quality versions of the crafted gear with the common tools. At best you can get lucky and get one tier higher, but that's it because the bonuses on the tools are too limited. It is not a "convenience" thing unless we're trying to say that having superior gear with superior stats is just a "convenience thing".
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    The question is how much slower should it be?

There is nothing slow about progression in this game. I just realized today (never thought about it) that one could actually level their character all the way up by invoking and crafting and never kill a thing, or really even move from a campsite. I can almost sort of see what the hardcores are talking about if they're playing 7-10 hours a day, they're done leveling in a week. I guess I'm lucky that I have a life and can barely get half an hour in most days.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like you're trying to explain to me how it works when I clearly explained how it works first. :confused: Again, they are necessary to craft better quality items. Without them you can't.

Yes, but this thread is replying to the OP, who has been saying that without the higher quality tools, he can't craft at all.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yes, but this thread is replying to the OP, who has been saying that without the higher quality tools, he can't craft at all.

Then quote him when responding, not me. :P
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then quote him when responding, not me. :P

That wouldn't make sense, since I was replying to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    That wouldn't make sense, since I was replying to you.

And who was I quoting when you quoted me? Follow the trail all the way back and see why, in the end, your comment makes zero sense.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Professions are garbage.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    btw, when it is required to have a non-person asset to do a profession mission, there is no requirement for what that asset needs to be (with the exception being upgrading that asset to next higher quality). you can use the worn hammer from the profession vendor on any level crafting mission that requires a hammer. the only benefit it gives is the higher % chance for better quality (and that only matters on RARE crafting missions)
  • Options
    bingobongojrbingobongojr Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    crafting (aka professions) in this game are just a money ($) sink. they make little sense, most higher tier tools/assets must be bought with diamonds or $. but i guess its ok because i dont believe it took them longer than 5 hrs to come up with this system, so if they make any money on it, its just a bonus :P

and no idea why would anyone actually bother with crafting in a game where gear drops left and right ? i mean i know people love crafting, i usually craft in other games but i kinda accept it theres no meaningful crafting in this game and dont feel like wasting more $ on something thats pretty much useless from 1 to 60. and beyond :)