test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP as a TR

agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Is it just me or are the capabilities of rogues really overblown. Like, I have to really try to be effective. Where's my easy mode **** cannon that gibs kids? If it wasn't for the cheese that is impossible to catch I might even go so far as to say rogues seem a little weak in PvP.
Post edited by agbadehan on

Comments

• aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the capabilities of rogues really overblown. Like, I have to really try to be effective. Where's my easy mode **** cannon that gibs kids? If it wasn't for the cheese that is impossible to catch I might even go so far as to say rogues seem a little weak in PvP.

Really? If anything from all the PvP videos rogues are more OP than weak.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    aphasia wrote: »
    Really? If anything from all the PvP videos rogues are more OP than weak.

Every video I have seen has been of a rogue killing several people with Shocking execution, which is a daily. It's an execute, to be exact and is not up often. Then you have the videos of rogues running around and killing people with daggers, obviously under-geared people. You won't chunk an equally geared individual's HP that hard chucking daggers, it's great for killing strays and low hp people. They don't show what happens inbetween all of that; i.e., getting stun locked by the out of sight CW and then dying a miserable death if impossible to catch is not on your bar.

EDIT: These are montage videos. They don't show people dodging your deft strike, which is basically a silence. They don't show CWs kiting you for days. They don't show GWFs & GFs keeping you away from clerics. They don't show Divine clerics stacking astral shield and making it **** near impossible to kill anything. If rogues couldn't steal movement speed & temporarily break CC/gain CC immunity they'd truly be SoL, lmao. The execute is nice and all but there's more to the class than the cuts of shocking execution kills being shown in these montages.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue with stealth is that the one getting hit in the face didn't see how long it took to set that up.

Rogues are like nuclear submarines, they pack a punch and can hide, but once found they're pretty quickly dead in the water.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the player, not the class. 99% of the players in this game are bad because this game is based on reaction, movement, and reflex. Like most FPS games, 99% of the people playing it are terrible and call the good players cheaters.

I would LOVE it if they removed Shocking Execution, Ice Knife, Ray of Enfeeblement, Astral Shield, Indomitable Strength, Crescendo, Savage. Then it would truly be even more skill based and those 99% of people will definitely start crying "cheater".

You know why they implemented those skills? Because it gives all you terrible players a chance to kill skilled players. Without them, you would never have a chance because you're too slow, too dumb, and too lazy.
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @Tenkuro

Yeh as a rogue myself I would love to see this happen as well.

But then it would just boil down to gear.

Not blowing my own trumpet here but I would say I am a moderately good player when it comes to nw (if you can say you need skill at all) anyways yesteday doing a pvp match I come up against some absurd circumstances where I cannot hit jack all damage on these other rogues. Literally I slayed this GF in seconds but when it came to this other rogue he was taking 2k crits from lashing whilst doing 13k on me.

Then the second pvp match we come up against this team that are just hurting like hell. And another rogue that is just impossible to scratch. And again same **** different Rogue.

And its funny actually as I did kill him with SE and he definitely felt the need to point out my lack of skill haha!

Anyways Yeah I think the coolest thing in neverwinter would be to have a pvp set that all players must use to pvp but can customize their way with pvp enchants that you gain from pvp.

pvp Weapons
    pvp armour
    pvp Jewls
    pvp Stones

and they need to remove the pve enchants from pvp completely. Vorpal should have NO place in pvp alongside Soulforged.

Also they should have FFA arenas where you have class specific fights. FFA rogue arena would be just hilarious to play and fun...ah im just rambling now..

Edit forget to comment on OP.

yeah rogues a weird one, you can see how easy it is to be dangerous by seeing the bots doing medium damage as bots. and being a nuisance. But at end level you have people with very good gear and it just becomes a "whoever has best gear" situation. Don't get too stressed about it. Just don't expect much from pvp at this time in the game.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm getting pretty sick of seeing rogues crawling all over the place like ******* cockroaches. As soon as you think you're about to bump into something else, it's either a CW or another rogue.

Not hatin'on the class, just sayin'.
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »

And this is how we identify clueless player who fail even at most no brainer OP class.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    And this is how we identify clueless player who fail even at most no brainer OP class.

It's easier to go, "the class is OP" than to admit that maybe you just aren't as skilled at your role as another play is at his. Let me guess, Rogues are OP in your eyes because they are good in 1v1 fights, despite that being their only role in PvE?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am finding pvp while leveling to be harder on rogue than on CW. Its fun though because it is a completely different playstyle.

One thing I would note is that CW is less impacted by having mediocre gear (at least while leveling) than a rogue, because you can use control skills to win most fights if you play smart. I speculate that rogue is also less impacted by gear while leveling than say a GWF since the stealth mechanic lets you slip away or capture points etc if you are undergeared. Perhaps this is where a lot of the QQ comes from?

The thing that strikes me the most though is that the so-called under powered GWF is actually a beast in pvp if played well (or has good gear?), as are the GF and cleric. I've had GWF's knock down half my health (as a rogue) in one rotation, and been unable to really dent its health.

The thing is that it is really hard to say any class is OP or not since you have to account for gear-gaps and player/team skill. The best you can say is that an overgeared anything is OP.
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue's aren't too bad in PvP. They aren't as good as clerics and CWs, but they are better than GFs and GWFs

Basically, impossible to catch is a huge saving grace, without that your just going to be the prison ***** to every control wizard you see. But other than that, stealth is useful for sneaking past teams to decap points and if your team's control wizard holds someone in place, you can add a lot of damage to turn the tide of battle. With team play a rouge can easily pull his weight in PvP.

As for Shocking execution... its the most over rated ability ever. Its got a huge start up time, horribly telegraphed and can be interrupted by any form of disable. Unless your target is not watching you (or are too stupid to dodge/interrupt it) Then don't waste your time. Its damage isn't even that good either, it only starts to hit hard when the enemy is so low on HP that a mage could have killed them with ice dagger anyway. The only real valid use for it, is to pick of a guardian fighter who's below half hp and not paying attention to you.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I pretty much only use Shocking Execution to deal with nigh unkillable GFs & GWFs. I prefer Lurker's assault & Stealth Boosted Impossible to Catch in concert for those entrenched engagements. These days I run a cap & flee strategy and only really target wounded opponents.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurker assault boosted lashing blade can actually oneshot low defense cahracters all the while not even breaking your stealth if you have enough +stealth bonuses.

really, it's so much better and less situational than shocking execution the comparison shouldn't even be there. i guess the only reason it doesn't get as much QQ is literally because the enemy won't even see you while you use it.