test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Game but Could I Please Have My Cursor Back?

124»

Comments

• Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Current "camera mode" gave me a headache in less that an hour of play. That mode is too intense for long hours of play. Until it is changed I have to leave the game...and that is unfortunate as it looked promising.

tumblr_m542esALbe1rxh5m5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    francoaventinefrancoaventine Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not Ideally suited at all.

Current "camera mode" gave me a headache in less that an hour of play. That mode is too intense for long hours of play and its not even done well as far as strafe movement goes. And it does not need to be there when exploring (in-between combat).

Until it is changed I have to leave the game...and that is unfortunate as it looked promising.

The Easy Fix Would Be....

I. CREATE A TOGGLE BETWEEN:

1. Reticle Target View Mode (combat).
    --You toggle it on, Reticle appears, mouse look is locked on.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view horizontally (head and shoulder) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction. (essentially a strafe fire). After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    -- Allow the reticle's placement to be adjusted on the screen (up and down) in the options menu to do the following:
    When its higher up in the screen area (above the character) then its more useable from the Third Person perspective.
    When its lower in screen (closer to the character) then its more useable from a First Person perspective.

2. Regular View Mode (non combat).
    --You toggle it on--Reticle disappears, mouse look is unlocked.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view (head and shoulder type turn) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction by holding down the right mouse key. After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    ---- Allow player to have free camera view holding down left mouse key. This would be unlimited direction without changing the direction of the character

II. Allow Camera to Zoom Out 3 times the current distance.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not Ideally suited at all.

Current "camera mode" gave me a headache in less that an hour of play. That mode is too intense for long hours of play and its not even done well as far as strafe movement goes. And it does not need to be there when exploring (in-between combat).

Until it is changed I have to leave the game...and that is unfortunate as it looked promising.

tumblr_lrp9svsNow1qlnkr5.gif
  • Options
    unicornmdunicornmd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I wish WoW had this setup. The system wow used is good for what it is. But seriously, if wow had controls similar to neverwinter, maybe you wouldn't see a whole guild just stand in the effing fire and ask why they wiped. Not too many games just change a system of combat controls for a few players. I don't load up a game and then email the creators to make -my- control setup. Your gonna have better luck requesting handicap ramps in a stairwell.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    unicornmd wrote: »
    Your gonna have better luck requesting handicap ramps in a stairwell.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4pJnDOJtv6XFW_Dr0j2YKFZ-abZokDYQhIcNV78kjR_q8iSLQ6w
  • Options
    unicornmdunicornmd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4pJnDOJtv6XFW_Dr0j2YKFZ-abZokDYQhIcNV78kjR_q8iSLQ6w

ROFL. Totally made my night.
  • Options
    rotmxrotmx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why they implemented a dumbed down pseudo console UI system for this. For anyone thinking its more advanced it really is not. The healing system for instance being almost entirely made up of gtae circles or aoe effects attached to attack skills is one of its by products. Trying to use a single target skill like Healing Word on a group member can be almost impossible when they are running around in the giant mob spams inside dungeons.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the ultra simplified ability load outs were another by product. I thought GW2 was cutting it down with 15 or so active skills at a time, NW is what 7, 8?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rotmx wrote: »
    I don't understand why they implemented a dumbed down pseudo console UI system for this. For anyone thinking its more advanced it really is not. The healing system for instance being almost entirely made up of gtae circles or aoe effects attached to attack skills is one of its by products. Trying to use a single target skill like Healing Word on a group member can be almost impossible when they are running around in the giant mob spams inside dungeons.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the ultra simplified ability load outs were another by product. I thought GW2 was cutting it down with 15 or so active skills at a time, NW is what 7, 8?

Its not more advanced by any means. Just the way the game plays. Will admit its nice on the hands though. I enjoy it, if just for how simple it is. No need to be groundbreaking. Arthritis and hand cramps aren't fun and getting older sucks lol. Didn't care for guild wars really on another note. The game world just wasn't interesting to me. A lot of hype undue. Never winter is what it is. Simple game. One more encounter power would be nice though.