test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just hit 60- Now what?

ryoken123ryoken123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
As the title states I have recently just hit 60 and I plan on doing mostly pvp but end game content aswell, However rushing through the levels my gear is way behind and I was always under the impression- Power > all however im hearing otherwise..

So my question for you guys is this, now that im 60 what should my goal be for gear? I can purchase most of the Master Assassin set right now if I wanted- Or i could hold off and just get the pvp set then farm the dungeons for ?

Also how would you suggest gemming my gear?

I pretty much want to just pvp however I will have to do PvE to stay competitive with gear.

Thanks in advance
Post edited by ryoken123 on

Comments

• kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    you made 60 levels but have no idea about your own class?
    come kid, take my hand, i will show you how to play

NOT.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    ~22% Armor Pen
    ~50% Crit Chance
    Everything else into power after that.

Those are the goals you want. I also recently hit 60 (like 3 days ago). What I've been doing is PvP (for PvP gear) then I'll do t1 Dungeon runs and then t2 dungeon runs and then more PvP to sell the gear for enchants and what have you.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just dump $100 or so into zen and buy yourself a set of gear and enchantments. No need to PVE or actually play the game.
  • ryoken123ryoken123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    you made 60 levels but have no idea about your own class?
    come kid, take my hand, i will show you how to play

NOT.

Seeing as how other people understood the questions in my post I feel obligated to educate the less fortunate and incompetent children whom may read this post much like yourself as to what the purpose of this thread is, I do know how to play my class and probably much better than you. With that being said why would I want to waste resources and times making mistakes that can easily be answered and save me the trouble?

If you haven't noticed this game takes very little time to get to end game and can be done virtually solo, With that being said the gemming gear question is more revolved around how different stats effect team play ie. in a dungeon and not competitive situations such as pvp. For example I have read that Armor Pen is great for PvP however it plays little to no importance in PvE due to group buffs and the priority that it comes into effect. That is something that I would like clarification on from people whom actually have tested and gone through the troubles and hardships of wasting time on certain things to provide the best possible scenario that one could aim for without wasting xyz.

Now since you've come off as someone who is completely developmentally disabled I wont bother wasting anymore time on your existence.

But moving on to the actual community, Thank you for your responses and I do have another question.
    1. Do the two stat bonus's from different sets stack? For example 2 stat bonus from Master Assassin set and the 2 Set bonus from lets say the pvp set? (If the pvp set has a 2 set bonus haven't checked)
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Yes, 2/4 set stat bonus from two different sets will stack. PvP set has a +20% to stealth duration modifier for 2/4 set piece. Armor penetration is really good in both PvE & PvP. The game considers armor penetration first and then other reductions, with around 22% armor penetration you penetrate all armor in PvE. It's also about where armor penetration begins to hit diminishing returns. Hit 22% and you reduce their resistance to 0%, after that point penetration and reduction from other sources send resistance into the negatives which will increase your damage by a significant margin.