test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CC problems with GWF

flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I play a GWF, currently level 43. In PvP, it feels like I'm cc-locked many times. I know what too much cc is from Rift's first versions but this is even worse. Does it get better, do GWFs get skills to combat cc or are we forever doomed to be messed with by CWs? I guess my view may be biased from the last fight which featured only melee guys on our team and 3 CWs on the enemy's. :)
Server: Mindflayer
Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

Post edited by flatgonzo on

Comments

• xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GWF is one of the best CC breakers in the game, your TAB ability breaks CC. At that level you should never die against single CW if not on low health to begin with.

Don't panic, wait for determination to build up when taking damage, hit TAB and run away. Or charge him if you like. Problem is, at that level, you also can not kill anything too easily either.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 60 GWFs are the ones stun locking.
  • murderwraith1murderwraith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Im around the same level as you and I really dont have many problems dominating pvp. First, I ride directly up to my target, then I stun em, knock em down and smash them with my restore strike. That's about half their life. If they CC me, I smile, knowing their doom is coming. At this point, your encounters will be close to being back up. Just run up to them after hitting TAB and faceroll your encounters. They die, you laugh. Welcome to pvp.