test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enough About Ninjas!

pariskparisk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Honestly i think its time for you developers do something about ninjas.!
For real we cant waste our time to kill a boss in a dungeon just for a DC to need on a dagger with the excuse: " I did it because i can".
I offer 2 solutions for you to work out so we can get rid of those miserable creatures called ninjas:
1st) Make characters not be able to press need on an item they cant equip.(e.g. A DC wont be able to need on a dagger or on Tier set exept his own.
2nd) Make boss drops soulbound!
Imo first solution is better... But for gods shake... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!
Post edited by parisk on

Comments

• iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This argument has been going on since 2001. If players aren't allowed to press need on off class items then they might as well make loot individual for each player. Since that's not the case you just have to find people that you trust to play with and stop asking things that have been asked a million times (literally) the last 13 years just because some random guy stole your loot.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This argument has been going on since 2001. If players aren't allowed to press need on off class items then they might as well make loot individual for each player. Since that's not the case you just have to find people that you trust to play with and stop asking things that have been asked a million times (literally) the last 13 years just because some random guy stole your loot.

Well why not make individual loot for each player? Worked really well for the chests at the end of dungeons and raids in DDO.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing wrong with having a loot system where you can only Need on specific class. All MMORPG is doing this now and it have been working fine, eg Wow, Tera, etc. The excuse for Needing for all not your own class because you need it for a friend or for your alt is getting lame. Don't cater to this kind of people, they are selfish pricks. If you Need on an item for your alt, then get your lazy *** on your alt and farm for yourself. Don't ruin it for other people who put effort into running the Instance.
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate ninja;s but the simple fact is, if your in a pug, NEED everything, otherwise you will be ninja'd on an item you truly need, thus if you need everything, you are bound to get something, which you can change for something different you need.

Also, i love ninja player's who do not loot all the boss items, and hopes everyone leaves without noticing it under the boss's body, then when they all leave, they take it unchallenged. ~(I made several people mad because of i picked it up almost instantly so we all got to roll)~

PS: I love the people who are in full epic's and even NEED on every green item, even the most worthless of companion runes.
    edited May 2013
    The best thing to fight against this Ninja is to remember their name and not to party with them anymore. If you are party leader, kick this Ninja too whenever you see their name or Ninja an items. If someone Ninja an item not for their class I would kick them right away, make them learn their lesson.
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Stop defending this barbaric loot system, it need to be changed, there are no excuse.
    They could make it like if you NEED the item will be automatically soulbond, there are plenty of way to fix this...this...<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • pariskparisk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So cause this has been asked a million times and all other MMO have a solution i should stop ask it.. Its really simple and will take no time to either make sepperate loot( like Diablo 3) or forrbiden players to need items they cant use.. As kasuhari correctly said "i need for a friend or an alt " is not an excuse.. And to reply to roastedpork.. I dont need everything. i need only what i really need. Not to sell but to use. The thing is.. that every single time.. no matter what. the ninja gets to win the roll. Last run i made i was with 4 friends. they all needed to an item i wanted and the ninja won the loot. What are the chances?!
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I never see any ninja's.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    I never see any ninja's.
    you are propably one of them then...
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really wish everything was completely individual like delve chest.

I really, really don't know why.
    edited May 2013
    parisk wrote: »
    you are propably one of them then...

If I were, then you wouldn't see me.
    edited May 2013
    If I were, then you wouldn't see me.
    are you a DC? 99% of ninjas are DC :p
  • reginaldwalsmitreginaldwalsmit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game already has really terrible community. Itll only become worse. Trust me.
    Everything about this game is set up to just think about yourself and screw the rest.
    Nice , for a D&D game, lol.
    edited May 2013
    I never see any ninja's.

Oh trust me when you start doing Epic Instance for Purple it become a lot common everyone will try to Need everything. Just know it will get worst but not better.
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Oh trust me when you start doing Epic Instance for Purple it become a lot common everyone will try to Need everything. Just know it will get worst but not better.

+1 100% correct
    edited May 2013
    parisk wrote: »
    are you a DC? 99% of ninjas are DC :p

Fun fact: 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot :)

*the more you know rainbow*

But if I were a ninja, and indeed a cleric ninja, not only would I be undetectable, but I'd also generate stupid amounts of aggro. Thus monster heads would explode at the paradox. Or.. I'd just be a healing rogue.
  • lowe911lowe911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you make a boss drop insta soul bound, it'll ruin the games economy
    edited May 2013
    lowe911 wrote: »
    if you make a boss drop insta soul bound, it'll ruin the games economy

Cos like, there wasn't duping, and auction house abuse, and constant exploits from a class that literally was only useful FOR it's exploits due to bugs (GF) and the fact it could equip epic tier gear at level 38 etc etc etc?

Gotta love the pointless arguments most of all.

But then again it's a bit of a straw man anyways, as folks have already stated the preferable system they want is one where only NEEDING on an item would cause it to bind to you on pickup. Meaning when folks don't need it, you'll get a chance to greed on it.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with having a loot system where you can only Need on specific class. All MMORPG is doing this now and it have been working fine, eg Wow, Tera, etc. The excuse for Needing for all not your own class because you need it for a friend or for your alt is getting lame. Don't cater to this kind of people, they are selfish pricks. If you Need on an item for your alt, then get your lazy *** on your alt and farm for yourself. Don't ruin it for other people who put effort into running the Instance.

I dont get why people just think by class is a good option. If that class has the same or better item slotted then yay free item to AH.

What they should do is need rolls are BOP and greed rolls are BOE. Secondly make the items worth 1copper.

If you need great and its bound to you and becuase its worth one copper and bound why would you ninja it.

Thus if you greed it you can sell it becuase its not bound. Its really quite simple.

Why should a class get an item by default to sell.
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Check out the developers notes. It is on the to do list, so give it a few weeks and it will be changed.
    edited May 2013
    Check out the developers notes. It is on the to do list, so give it a few weeks and it will be changed.

can you link it plz?
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never see any ninja's.

I think the humor was lost on some people here ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]