test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sea Caves Mimic Treasure Chest Glitch

unhumanunhuman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am experiencing a phenomenon in the Sea Caves with the Mimic Treasure Chest enemy at location (443,169).

When I activate it, he starts attacking me (which is normal game behavior). Then a few seconds after he starts to attack, my system graphics gets all choppy/laggy/nearly unresponsive. The mouse-pointer also disappears. I've died twice because of this. I might also mention that all game-functions (UI, mouse, etc.) become nearly impossible to operate. I've had to shut down the game in order to gain back normal control/normal graphics behavior.

It appears that I can recreate this bug simply by activating the Mimic Treasure Chest enemy at this location. I have successfully recreated this bug twice.

The first time (initial discovery) after dying I tried to Release my soul. The game was not responding, so then I restarted it. Upon login/load, my character was spawned outside of the entrance to The Sea Caves.

The second time (first recreation of bug) after dying, I attempted to Release my soul again. The game was not responding, so I again restarted it. Upon login/laod, my character was spawned at the campfire located within The Sea Caves.

I hope this information helps the dev team solve this bug.

I have my System DxDiag text file ready to share upon request.
Post edited by unhuman on

Comments

• gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had this on a few of the mimic creature chest, the one in the Idris throne room does it to me also
    also i have yet to figure out why i can openly see that chests are mimics 90% of the time,(and thus avoid bothering to trigger them - assuming its dungeoneering skill) but the other 10% i dont, maybe thats normal - no idea lol
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3