test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck

lionstorylionstory Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Been working on my first quest and/or series, and managed to get a really simple quest together that takes less than two minutes to finish. The problem is, I'm stuck. If it matters, I do not have a founders pack or anything, just played, and got to where I could create something. However, I can't seem to figure out the 'objective' thing in conversation, I can create costumes, but then can't find anything that can be done with them, and so my options for linking quests together seem to be limited. This is a 'first quest is complete, but then new information comes up, and there's more that needs to be done'. It can not (within reasonable storyline parameters) come up immediately in the same conversation as finishing the first 'leg' of the quest, and it doesn't make much sense to have an inventory object hang around at that point either. So I tried the conditional objective thing... but the 'add objective' button doesn't do anything. Making the second leg dependent on completing the first one is ... difficult. Then I tried creating a waypoint after which I intended to have some guy come up and say 'the guard wants you back' kind of thing, thus depending on keeping the storyboard line to make the 'quests' dependent. This is where I ran into the costume thing... created the costume, can't select it as an npc, object to interact with, can't quite figure out what to do with it! Yet people are creating complex foundry quests, what am I missing?
Post edited by lionstory on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might I suggest taking a look at this thread which should be stickied but is not: >>click me<<
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • lionstorylionstory Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that was helpful, thanks! I had gone through the first document, but not gotten past that as of then.