test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Searching, ANY FIX EVER

shtzngigglzshtzngigglz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So using the Auction House is becoming more annoying by the day....... Ive NEVER been able to search for gear by using the level range part.. I dont want to sift thru 50 tabs of stuff because the game cant realize i put like 40-45 in the level range. I get results from 10-60 and you CANT sort by level or anything...... Why give us the option to search by level if we cant use it?????????
Post edited by shtzngigglz on

Comments

• xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So using the Auction House is becoming more annoying by the day....... Ive NEVER been able to search for gear by using the level range part.. I dont want to sift thru 50 tabs of stuff because the game cant realize i put like 40-45 in the level range. I get results from 10-60 and you CANT sort by level or anything...... Why give us the option to search by level if we cant use it?????????

I hope people learn that the gateway AH can be sorted by level.

• inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

Well, the fact that the Gateway version works but the in-game version does not says a lot about how things are run here. It needs to be fixed. The only thing that's even remotely searchable are 60 purples. If you try to look for a green with Regen for a level 26...good luck.
  • shtzngigglzshtzngigglz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea what good is a web-based AH when im logged in and playing? Im not wasting my time to alt-tab out of the game to go to a website to find things to buy in-game. Its stupid and needs addressed.
    edited May 2013
    Yea what good is a web-based AH when im logged in and playing? Im not wasting my time to alt-tab out of the game to go to a website to find things to buy in-game. Its stupid and needs addressed.

ofcourse it needs fixing. but its unlikely to happen for a while based on how things have been going.

• teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    ANY FIX EVER
    NO FIX EVER. There, tha troof.
  • shtzngigglzshtzngigglz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea from what ive seen so far i dont expect one, however its always nice to dream of having a working feature in the game.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The part that's odd about this is..... how can this even be a difficult bug? Searching a database by a variable, that's like basic CompSci stuff. "Auction house" isn't some wacky new game mechanic/game engine, it's a standard, established thing. Fixing this shouldn't be some huge issue.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a minor bug (yes I know it doesn't seem minor to some of you), so it's probably low on the priority list to fix next to the several other bugs and issues with the game.

That doesn't mean it's never going to get fixed, just don't expect it to happen outside of a Thursday maintenance patch.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My guess is that we will not see any kind of content/functionality fixes until the first big major patch, which will also include module 1 and the new race/class. Just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    It's a minor bug (yes I know it doesn't seem minor to some of you), so it's probably low on the priority list to fix next to the several other bugs and issues with the game.

That doesn't mean it's never going to get fixed, just don't expect it to happen outside of a Thursday maintenance patch.

It's not a minor bug. The AH is the basis of the economy in this game, and not being able to find items completely ruins it.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited May 2013
    My guess is that we will not see any kind of content/functionality fixes until the first big major patch, which will also include module 1 and the new race/class. Just my opinion.

that's the opinion of most of us.

• nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The level range does work----if you just select "equipment" and nothing more specific.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try this in the in-game AH interface:

Type ring in the big black box
    type a number into each level range box, 54 will do
    click Equipment (don't click anything else)
    Holy sh** it just pulled up the first 400 level 54 rings

Now surprizingly this works with all the other equipment as well. Helms, armor, bracers/gloves, weapons, etc etc. They will ALL search by level and ONLY the levels you put in the boxes if you just click EQUIPMENT without selecting a subcatagory.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Try this in the in-game AH interface:

Type ring in the big black box
    type a number into each level range box, 54 will do
    click Equipment (don't click anything else)
    Holy sh** it just pulled up the first 400 level 54 rings

Now surprizingly this works with all the other equipment as well. Helms, armor, bracers/gloves, weapons, etc etc. They will ALL search by level and ONLY the levels you put in the boxes if you just click EQUIPMENT without selecting a subcatagory.

Interesting, thanks.

The search system really is broken though. Sometimes you pick all these criteria (such as enchantment type, slots, usable by me, etc.) and an item doesn't show up, but you type in its name and suddenly there's tons. Really annoying.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    It's not a minor bug. The AH is the basis of the economy in this game, and not being able to find items completely ruins it.

So this is more important than exploits, the fact that GWF and GF are supposedly underpowered and the problems with Aggro?

Get some perspective.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

That is not helpful when the results will only show 400. They need to fix this. I wouldn't call it a minor bug.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix? It was never complete.