test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Here's some feedback on the last boss on Wolf Den.

2»

Comments

• swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've never been in this dungeon, but it's posts like this that make me glad the best gear is not BoP. Almost everything I have read about almost every boss in this game sounds painfully un-fun. I would be quite content never setting foot in any of them, and I don't feel like I'd miss much.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also kite the shadow wolves. They do not stay up for long, so just run around until they despawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this boss battle :cool:
    There are 2 secrets in making this battle easy:
    Secret 1: ???
    Secret 2: ???

Sure, like I'm gonna tell you, then everybody knows, then the developers change everything.... :mad:
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you charge in without plan vs a boss, i find it quite normal you wipe against a boss especially if your team doesn't communicate. There is several way to make this fight trivial LEGIT.

Each time you'll wipe, it's because people are not careful about dodging red circle, protecting cleric, killing adds, don't tell me it's not intuitive.

Some valid point has been shared that make the fight easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a tough boss, but one of my favorites. It's doable without being too hard as long as people actually try to avoid aoes and kill the very managable adds that do spawn.

Also, hate to nitpick but... She. The boss is a she.

A lady.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Almost every final boss is pretty much the same. Dodge red spots, deal with massive packs of adds, try to keep cleric alive from all the agro, blah blah. No originality, no way to develop any true strategy. Seems like you only win with some luck, or buy your gear on AH and get your GS so high that you can take a hit here and there. Ridiculous.

I think they should get rid of the red marks on the floor for all encounters once you get into epic dungeons. You then have to make a read on what the monster is doing so you can dodge. This would also bring in a major teamwork aspect to the game when it comes to boss encounters and may legitimize some of the tank classes. You would then have to actually communicate with each other when the boss gives their "tell" on their next attack. Like another poster said, the current design really makes it hard to work as a team. You are almost forced to play like an individual.

When people say dont zerg but use this or that strategy...I have to call bs. I find it hard to say that you can have a strategy for anything when agro is messed up, and the only class that can basically get it is a cleric. For epic dungeons, I find it almost impossible to succeed on anything short of the cloak tower without 2 clerics. At that point, if everyone stays in the 2 blue circles...you will likely win....if people step out..they die and you lose as you get overwhelmed. Basically you are just gaining hps back faster then they can damage you at that point. That is a sad way to beat dungeons.

The only consistent success I have found with epic dungeons is having 2 clerics, 2 CW, and either a TR or GF. I have a steady guild group of that make up and that is the only reason why I have had any success with farming t1 and t2 gear. If my regular group is not on and I PUG, then I really am only running the dungeon for mini boss loot/seals at that point.

I get that the game is open beta and it will evolve and mechanics will change. If any of you played DDO, I think Neverwinter could adopt some of the style in that games boss fights and it would work great. And really, each boss should present a unique challenge, not the same one. The only difference now is the shape and size their red spots on the ground,and how much damage it does. Lame.
  • diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not very smart to create a boss that Melee cannot hit because they might spawn adds, makes melee
    totally useless in that dungeon. I KNOW that melee hitting doesn't spawn adds, but if they're close enough
    to hit the boss, then the boss is close enough to hit them back.

So in that sence, being melee is bad on that boss, and thus, having a boss which is ANTI-MELEE is bad
    considering half the dps-classes are melee.