test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ToS Question

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
What are the rules/limits on what we can make into a quest? Can we make movies into quests? Can we copy other games' quests? What is off-limits and all that? I am not sure if it is in the ToS, because frankly those things are way too long and use wordings that most people cannot understand anyways... so just curious if anyone knows offhand...
Post edited by shadoewrayth on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anything owned by anybody outside WoTC is definately off-limits as far as copying something. And I'm not sure how much of the WoTC stuff is open for usage.
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Inspired by are the words you are in search of. When you are inspired by something, it matters not who its parents are. People will get the hint as to what you were inspired by if you pull it off well enough. It is highly unlikely that you will encounter intellectual property right infringements whilst making content for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quests have been banned for copyright infringement already, so I would be very careful doing that. The ToS specifically tells us that we are not allowed to create content that breaches copyright, so you should be aware of the risks if you do so. Furthermore, any quest that features other people's intellectual property can never be featured.
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... make sure the book, game, movie, show, etc is in public domain... then have a ball, eh?