test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There I was ready to start the "Driftwood Tavern" as Evil / Neutral RP bar movement

baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
edited June 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
....when I noticed it's not a separate zone from PE and when you go to it, it's only you nobody else, it's a private instance.

*sigh*

Anyone have any good ideas?

the Ebon Down's tavern? (forget it's name)

Maybe the Tower District's one?
Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
Post edited by baohsu on

Comments

• morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It can be other people...just people from the same PE instance as you.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why it seems that like 75% of the RP community here wants to RP evil/moral ambiguous characters? :/
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Driftwood id only a private instance when your doing its questlines after your done you can go into it with other people.

the only "dedicated" rp bar in its own zone is moonstone mask...and it has its own issues.
    1. its a brothel
    2. half of the better parts of it is devoted to a vip area
    3. its full of rp griefers
    4. did I say its a brothel?
    5. its full of chairs you cant properly sit on due to lack of /e sit chair
    6. it is full of npcs that are dead set on pushing you off your chair that you spent 20 minutes trying to "sit" in
    7. due to a needless emote echo most of the emote channel is filled with mary daggersnipe sits Bob healsalot.
    8. sometimes its hard to see people cause your zoom is stuck upstairs
    9. people wont let you just pretend its a fancy dress club.

Thus most people just rp in their private Foundry mission, global/guild channals or will specifically meet in a specific instance that has less people in it arranged on the global/guild channals.
  • baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Look all I'm saying is Lawful Evil rocks. You're evil but yet you feel like there are RULES. Those Chaotic Evil folks are just so EMO.

And quite frankly a majority of the RP'ers I've encountered are good RP'ers. (in both senses of the word)

All I'm saying is I can be your nemesis!
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is one of the truly unfortunate things about the alignment system. The inexperienced see it as a chance to be absolute horrors and then claim “Oh but I’m just roleplaying evil you see, so it’s okay”.

But of course it’s not okay. Playing an evil alignment actually confers more responsibility that a good alignment. You not only need to find a way to make being a pain in everyone’s tail interesting but you have to do so in a way that will not utterly alienate the world at large. Good and neutral alignments don’t have so much onus because they aren’t that far removed from what we might meet at the grocery store. But playing evil takes some real skill.

Being a total Dbag is not the same as being “evil”. So if you want to roleplay evil do the same thing you would do if you wanted to learn Kung Fu. Go find someone who does it really well and learn how they do it, get tips, get pointers.

Do not try to make it up as you go. Please do not do that to yourself and others.

If YOU know how to roleplay evil without making other roleplayers (read: people) want to rip multiple faces off. Post your thoughts in another thread. Give people the value of your experience. Share the do's and don'ts. Help some RPers out.

It’s okay to roleplay evil. It’s not okay to ruin other people’s RP and ravage the RP environment with clumsy RP fueled drama and call it roleplaying evil.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Why it seems that like 75% of the RP community here wants to RP evil/moral ambiguous characters? :/

It might be because of all the dark elves *Runs away before founders start chucking bottles*
  • budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »

Because it's SOOO HARDCOOORE! *flies off*
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • mariposallamariposalla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I think it would be great to have some roleplay ambiance in Driftwood. As was formerly mentioned, it's simply a PE instance (unless you do that one quest where the people throw a surprise party). I don't believe it's all that different from Moonstone, save that it's still part of Protector's Enclave. I'm sure if you advetised an instance and set up a group (or event), you'd be able to get more players to help make Driftwood into what you're thinking of. We could certainly use all the roleplay we can get outside of Moonstone.

A more direct way for you to set up an instance or event would be to visit Neverwinter's roleplayer site and set up a thread there or even put an event on the calandar. It's basically Neverwinter's hub for roleplayers. It probably wouldn't hurt for there to be an unofficial instance across all of the mindflayer shard for roleplayers being in character...
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    It might be because of all the dark elves *Runs away before founders start chucking bottles*

100% agree!
  • melhowradmelhowrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the heck do you get into the VIP part of Moonstone anyways?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    melhowrad wrote: »
    How the heck do you get into the VIP part of Moonstone anyways?

Spend $200 on a Founder's pack.

Edit: On a side note....how many taverns are there in the game?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Taverns that I can remember are in:
    Driftwood Tavern in Protector's Enclave
    The Orc Tavern in the Tower Distrct
    Finn's Tavern in Blackdagger Ruins

There may be others, I will have to scout around.
    The only Inn I know of is the Moonstone Mask in Protector's Enclave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the zones have at least one tavern or inn of some form in them.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't recall any taverns in the Skyhold, over in Vellosk, or down in the Chasm. If they are there I wouldn't mind finding out where they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littlesugarbabylittlesugarbaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uhh i think..think there's a tavern in the ebon dawns
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    Tavern in Tower District is a nice shady environment, also a neutral ground. I'd rather not to be shady type in Driftwood, where guards have their off-duty beer.