test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues Useless in Castle Never!

xirrixirri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just finished CN with 2 fighters, guardian and great weapon one. Working on trading one of our slacker clerics into a second GWF. Will gloat more when we manage it, but for now enjoy the picture.

Also, I fail at taking screenshots, didnt manage to grab the stats. GWF beat a dps specced GF in damage by a million, tears were shed.

Totally did Lair of the Mad Dragon with 3 GWF's, 1 GF and 1 DC also. Working on epic dread vault next.
Post edited by xirri on

Comments

• leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xirri wrote: »
    Just finished CN with 2 fighters, guardian and great weapon one. Working on trading one of our slacker clerics into a second GWF. Will gloat more when we manage it, but for now enjoy the picture.

Also, I fail at taking screenshots, didnt manage to grab the stats. GWF beat a dps specced GF in damage by a million, tears were shed.

Totally did Lair of the Mad Dragon with 3 GWF's, 1 GF and 1 DC also. Working on epic dread vault next.

LOL...this HAS to be a troll post.
  • haakonolaisenhaakonolaisen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not. I was there.
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xirri wrote: »

This proves nothing. This doesn't provide any evidence to support your statement of "Rogues Useless In Castle Never!". -Not a fact
    It only suggests every dungeon can be done with good players and good communication. -It is known.
    No proper party composition is required for any dungeon. - It is known.
    Just like how GF's are obsolete in every dungeons. -It is also known.

According to the dictionary
    useless - adjective
    1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose;

Only possible way of this post to be valid is if you showed a Rogue in the party of or having no use to the party.
    Therefore, Rogues are not useless just not needed is what you're trying to say.

Last but not least, no clerics? good luck with that
    Best troller
  • haakonolaisenhaakonolaisen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not needed is more accurate
  • karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Not a troll. My main is a GWF, I roll with a CW, DC and TR. Now that were all 40+, the TR is actually having to play(imagine that!) to compete with me in kills and DPS.

We 4 man dungeons, we don't even have a GF with us. 1 GWF, 1 CW, 1 TR, 1 DC.

People don't realize just how powerful the GWF truly is because they are all so blinded by the TR's damage int he first 25 levels of the game.
  • peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if you want a cookie, but it's a fairly simple fight. You can three man this fight without a rogue, it will just take a long time. The only thing important in this fight is an experienced CW. Once you have that, you need a semi-competent cleric, and the rest is pretty much up to you. If you think you're a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because you did it without a rogue, but you still had 2 clerics, then I'm sorry but, you aren't a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vdinh037 wrote: »
    Only possible way of this post to be valid is if you showed a Rogue in the party of or having no use to the party.
    Therefore, Rogues are not useless just not needed is what you're trying to say.

No, that would just show that a particular rogue performed badly during a particular run. All else is surmise.
  • syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure how this makes rogues useless, we'll still get this done faster than your comp and with ease. But since you came here for a cookie you can have it.

*cookie* (pats head)
    good boy

lol
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    People don't realize just how powerful the GWF truly is because they are all so blinded by the TR's damage int he first 25 levels of the game.

The first 25 levels of the game don't have much to do with rogue's doing more damage to 1 target than teh supposed aoe dps class does hitting multiple targets at level 60.
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post is poorly named and as noted, unnecessary.

If I can climb a mountain without a rope, it doesn't make the rope useless. It just makes it take longer. As I'm sure this event did for you.

Which would only make me stupid for not using the rope.

Sounds like someone has a serious ego problem and is 'butthurt' about rogues.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I find this post a little funny since my TR has been the last one standing and fighting several times.

It's all a matter of knowing how to use your character.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many groups do CN with only 1 DC?

None.

L2p
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could the picture be a trojan? must be with this kind of topic.
  • writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    vdinh037 wrote: »
    It only suggests every dungeon can be done with good players and good communication.

I agree with this completely. I've been a part of some great groups with all kinds of different makeups. Actually, the best group I've ever been in was myself , who is a GF. It was me, two wizards and two clerics. I forget which epic dungeon it was. All I remember is we just destroyed everything. I'm dead serious when I say that I honestly don't remember seeing anyone's health getting below 90% the entire dungeon, including the boss.

On the other hand, I was in a group last night with two clerics, a wizard, rogue and myself. We couldn't even get past the first mini boss cause the clerics couldn't or just didn't bother to ever heal anyone. After getting wiped twice on what should have been an easy fight, I just left.

The point is, almost any group can be effective if people would stop being in such a hurry, communicate a little and actually work together. It also helps if you actually know how to play your class effectively. There are no "useless" classes in this game; a lot of useless players though.
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer