test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House No Buyout on low level stuff for 5 day auction

stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok this is getting out of hand.

New to the game i've gone back there a few times to pages and pages of bid only for 4 days.

Come on, don't be silly and greedy.

Who in the right mind is going to wait 4 days for a green item meant for a level 20? In four days time you will be looting much better anyway (and you will because i've seen this gear on Ah and had ot dropped multiple times on an instance dungeon in one sitting.

The auction house is rife with stupidity and I'm having trouble finding the reason why. I can only think with so much gear in the game that's brought with Zen the main focus is on getting as much diamonds as possible for the zen rate exchange.

You're all just flooding the house with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's going to go no where.

STOP IT!.... :rolleyes:
Post edited by stylernaku on

Comments

• Options
    sickweepupsickweepup Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know what you mean. it makes me laugh! in 4 days you could have sersiously gained a lot of lvls
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that the AH search options are broken. I've literally typed in the name of items, found them, then did a search for the same item using criteria (such +armorpen, 35 level+), and it didn't pick it up. This plus the fact that you can't make it sort through expiration date or "buyouts only", make it completely pointless.

I don't care that dumb people make auctions without a buyout price. What I don't like it the fact that I have to scroll through page after page just to find ones that actually know what they're doing. I want to be able to filter out auctions I'll never take part it (i.e. anything I can't buy immediately).
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. I'm not going to waste my time at 20 bidding on items because someone wants to make as much as humanly possible on it. If I'm shopping the AH at all, I literally skip all the pages that don't list a buyout, and then sometimes bust a gut laughing at the people that go the other way, and way overprice the buyout with a low min bid to try to emulate not having a buyout.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Yep. I'm not going to waste my time at 20 bidding on items because someone wants to make as much as humanly possible on it. If I'm shopping the AH at all, I literally skip all the pages that don't list a buyout, and then sometimes bust a gut laughing at the people that go the other way, and way overprice the buyout with a low min bid to try to emulate not having a buyout.

Agreed 100% ... you have to wonder if this is a function of being people's first mmo, or just simple idiocy.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed 100% ... you have to wonder if this is a function of being people's first mmo, or just simple idiocy.

It's not unique, I have seen it in any game that allows you to set an auction w/out a buyout, and no min bids. It's people "playing the Auction House". Some of these people will buyout items that undercut what they listed a similar item for and repost it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being savvy on the AH is fine. It's part of the game like trying to play the stock market. I've known guilds to get someone just doing that most days with the guilds raid gear and have currency coming in from profit.

It is the greed for Zen not just game currency. The AH bugs don't hold water. it's akward and laddy but not finding the buy out button when your listing a green lvl 14 piece of tat which may prove useful for a low level character THAT DAY, is just being absolutely stupid.

Another thing most of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear is the early <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you have from your trade skills thats there surely with the intention to go to vendors for spare cash fodder.

This gardage is flooding the AH. It's like someone raiding the pound shop (1$ store for you Americans) and then going nuts on Ebay starting bids at
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I don't care that dumb people make auctions without a buyout price. What I don't like it the fact that I have to scroll through page after page just to find ones that actually know what they're doing. I want to be able to filter out auctions I'll never take part it (i.e. anything I can't buy immediately).

One of the worst features of this AH is that if you get more than 400 results from your search it simply ignores the rest.