test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quest objectives showing too early in journal on Foundry content

igiveup2igiveup2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Good morning

I just spent some time going through the stickies and I have most of the tutorials already, but I'm not able to find from them why I have this behavior.

I created a quest and I'm testing it, and I noticed that when accepting the quest, both steps are showing right away and the first step is already completed.
Step 1.: Talk to the waitress
After a successful navigation of dialog, she offers a quest
Step 2.: Go to the sewers.

The problem is the sewer step is showing as the active one and the waitress step shows completed :(

Can someone point a n o o b to a sticky/FAQ/tutorial that addresses this behavior?

Thank you in advance! :)
Post edited by igiveup2 on

Comments

• Options
    igiveup2igiveup2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No one knows, huh? :(
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of my quests plays the same way in the foundry. I have you talk to an NPC in Protector's Enclave, and then go to the gate for the next map transition. When playing it in foundry it always says talking to the guy in PE is complete. Sometimes resetting the map over and over will allow me to talk to him. Anyway, it works fine on live.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm so maybe it's just a display issue and not a configuration problem?
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One way to find out for sure. Rename your quest to "TEST do not play. Cannot be finished." Hide the final chest so noone can sneak in and finish it. Play it. Unpublish.