test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End game need revision! More quests/daily, professions and gold farm.

stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
END GAME NEED REVISION!

MORE QUESTS/DAILYS.

New locations with quest only lvl 60 players.
Rewards quests: 1 gold per quest completed.

MORE PROFESSIONS.

Alchemy - URGENT!!!
Cooking - URGENT!!!
Fishing - meh

GOLD FARM.

PVP Reward: 1 GOLD per victory (Daily Reward)
DUNGEON COMPLETED: 2 GOLDs (every time)
SKIRMISH: 2 GOLDs (every time)

Thanks for your attention.

:mad:
Post edited by stonklavers on

Comments

• iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    END GAME NEED REVISION!

MORE QUESTS/DAILYS.

MORE PROFESSIONS.

Alchemy - URGENT!!!
    Cooking - URGENT!!!
    Fishing - meh

GOLD FARM.

Lol, all professions would work the same way as the current ones, boring.
    Last on the to do list.
    But +1 to all the gold ideas.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just wish there was a proper way to farm AD. No unnecessary caps, no "rough" conversions, no running dungeons to hopefully land an item you don't need to go sell on AH. I just want a way to spend my time that is profitable in terms of AD. That way I could "earn" them by playing, while others simply have the convenience of buying their way through experiencing the game. It's a win/win. As it stands right now, there's no real farming. It's doing other time-consuming activities that might pay off eventually.

Also I'd like to be able to do Skirmishes at level 60. It's dumb that I can't.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • iceklaversiceklavers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree! The end game is boring and slow.
  • stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iceklavers wrote: »
    i agree! The end game is boring and slow.

terrible and boring!
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    MORE QUESTS

The Foundry offers you more quests and campaigns than you can realistically play, many of them of quite excellent quality.

Personally, I'm not keen on more grinding. I rarely even complete the daily quests that are offered already now.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, there's no endgame yet. They're still working on raid content, and I suspect more high-level quests to come with Module 1 later on.

Professions - meh. What's the point of all the gold?
  • iceklaversiceklavers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The Foundry offers you more quests and campaigns than you can realistically play, many of them of quite excellent quality.

Personally, I'm not keen on more grinding. I rarely even complete the daily quests that are offered already now.

P2W confirmed.
    :p
  • desanctidesancti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, the END GAME is boring !

Going even further ... Alchemy would be very interesting to make healing potions. Good ideas deserve to be heard.

Is a tip!!

PS: I know you guys are working hard, but the question remains, HOW LONG FOR THE RANGER CLASS?
  • niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with foundry is that:
    - Lack of good rewards.
    - Impossible to create loot chests / or even something remotely useful (It don't encourage sidetracking, or making sidetracks in quests) <why it is impossible to create loot chest, connected with monster encounter (loot depends on encounter difficulty, impossible to open unless encounter is killed by players (no pushing into holes, or helping guards)>
    - Impossible to make "dungeon monster", or epic difficulty, or adding monster level = player level + X.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nibl wrote: »
    - Lack of good rewards.

The experience (not XP, but the story, the fun, the puzzles, the exploration, the atmosphere) is the reward, though. If people only play foundry quests if they can get dungeon/raid-level kind of loot, then the issue is with why they play video games or why they would spend time on something that they don't enjoy, but do it anyway because of the stuff they can get. (No wonder people on MMO forums are often so aggressive and agitated.)

Of course, everyone's view is equally valid (it is their time after all), but it's a bit spending one's whole life working and never doing anything that doesn't have a material reward.

I agree that the Foundry could benefit from more features, but considering how new (and in beta, even if no one wants to hear that) the game is, I think what you can already do with it is quite amazing. I have played more memorable Foundry quests than I have done memorable zone quests. Greens, potions and scrolls do drop in user-created quests. And seeing how eager some players are to exploit anything they can find, I understand the reasons why there are limitations and why it may take time for them to get loosened or extended.

My only point was that if you want more content, story-based stuff for example, there is more here than in many other MMOs. I don't disagree that more end game content is needed, especially for people who play more than the average player, but they already said it is coming, including raid content, so I'm perfectly fine with how much there is at already at this point. I don't get the impatience. The game's open beta only started less than a month ago. (Seems longer to me too, but I also spend much more time on Neverwinter than on most other games.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    Up! Up! Up! Up! Up!
  • taraktektugtaraktektug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, the end game is boring!!!
  • silentsinssilentsins Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who could care less about progression in this game, I felt that the foundry was sufficiently distracting for a while...
    ...until I realized that the builder won't let you craft anything more complicated than a glorified "kill 10 rats" quest. Not exactly memorable content.
    edited May 2013
    I agree, the end game is boring!!!

Yeap, : ( : ( : (
  • faethor70faethor70 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with the whole "reward" of gold. Its worthless. Foundrys/quests should reward you with AD or AD items so there is still a purpose to WANT to PVE when you dont have time for the raids.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the Gold reward, I need crafting stuff, I need Heal Pots, I need Injury Kits (ya know for the raids and all).

However, I'd prefer more Weekly quest then Daily quest. As the Daily Quest get boring really fast (why I left WoW, well it's just boring right now anyways, same with NW).
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • claypsoclaypso Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Up! Up! Up! Up! Up!
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I mostly play foundry, not for the rewards, but rather to take my mind of the usual dungeons and pvp....
  • submersesubmerse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I just wish there was a proper way to farm AD. No unnecessary caps, no "rough" conversions, no running dungeons to hopefully land an item you don't need to go sell on AH. I just want a way to spend my time that is profitable in terms of AD. That way I could "earn" them by playing, while others simply have the convenience of buying their way through experiencing the game. It's a win/win. As it stands right now, there's no real farming. It's doing other time-consuming activities that might pay off eventually.

Also I'd like to be able to do Skirmishes at level 60. It's dumb that I can't.

Come on guys, be realistic, the game is designed to lure you get your credit card out and buy ZEN for AD, the whole game is designed around this fundamental concept, either accept it or walk way, I dont think many of you guys know anything about 'The Prefect World' which is the earliest game managed/designed by the Beijing Based company called Perfect World before it went public in US. The business mode of all their games are the same.
    edited May 2013
    submerse wrote: »
    Come on guys, be realistic, the game is designed to lure you get your credit card out and buy ZEN for AD, the whole game is designed around this fundamental concept, either accept it or walk way, I dont think many of you guys know anything about 'The Prefect World' which is the earliest game managed/designed by the Beijing Based company called Perfect World before it went public in US. The business mode of all their games are the same.

P2W detected!

:p
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    END GAME NEED REVISION!

MORE QUESTS/DAILYS.

MORE PROFESSIONS.

Alchemy - URGENT!!!
    Cooking - URGENT!!!
    Fishing - meh

GOLD FARM.

Maybe you should take your time leveling up so the DEVs have time to make more content?
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.