zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Day of the Dragons - Ch1: Discovery by Ayanme Fury@zlainfurry
Short Code: NWS-DBJ6IJPUL
Mission Type: Dungeon Crawl w/ Story
Average Duration:25mins
Amount of Combat: Heavy
Starts at: Coriol Road Door.
Mission Summary: Investigate noises in an abandoned house, and ultimately learn of an ancient and powerful wand.
Author tips/hints: There are no invisible walls in the cave portion. I believe that you're not truly exploring a cave, unless the possibility of falling to your death, is present.
Screenshots/attachments: Low Res Pic photo.php?fbid=4309971846094&set=a.4309971766092.1073741825.1790816738&type=3&theater

a couple other pics:
Facebook Neverwinter Foundry Photo Album

Map totally updated. Fully customized lighting and alterd rooms/terrain. working on updating the quest now.
Post edited by zlainfurry on

Comments

• visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    -My Video Review-

[IMO] the quest description should come first, then all your notes.

don't put too much text in the "Objective complete" it pops up and disappears during combat to quickly

I got to 'Eliminate The Threat' and could progress no further, the 'dungeon' hallway was blocked by a pipe, so I had to abandon the quest.

ok give mine a try and tell me what you thought

Edit: 1.) The quest description fades out on lower resolutions. my suggestion "put all your notes on an item in/ on your map and not in the description"
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fixed it heh, it's a root ~_^ didn't realize it was too low.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ok, I'll give it another shot when it's Published... My Review of your quest

Hope you play my quest, if your smart/ quick to pick up on whats going on... you can do it in 25mins
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    ***Review***

Upon entering it says search for clues, so you click an anvil and the quest advances. Can you tell me what about the anvil let me think it was a clue?

I would like to see a little bit more of the story develop throughout the quest, instead of it all being packed in right there at the end. I think it would've made it even more enjoyable.

Overall though, it's a good start.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    meysa wrote: »
    ***Review***

Upon entering it says search for clues, so you click an anvil and the quest advances. Can you tell me what about the anvil let me think it was a clue?

I would like to see a little bit more of the story develop throughout the quest, instead of it all being packed in right there at the end. I think it would've made it even more enjoyable.

Overall though, it's a good start.

Just played your quest, sorry for the delay. I guess I'll basically have to echo what Meysa said above. It's a very good concept for a quest and campaign, everything is laid out logically and Act 2 is set up nicely. Maps are well-presented (for the most part), and good use of light and colour in the glygh rooms.

The story does feel like a rough draft right now though, probably needs another level of polish. We are basically told nothing throughout most of the quest, except things like Search For Clues. There's a dusty anvil in the corner. Interact with anvil. Search For Clues Complete. If we're searching for clues, we need to know why, and why something like the anvil might be a clue. You did provide some good information at the end filling out the story, some of that is perfectly placed but I'd recommend doling out a little more information early on.

Maps seem to be well-made, though perhaps in need of a little detail in certain places. There's a point in the cavern where you have to make a long walk back to the other end, and since you've already passed this way and there's not a lot to look at there, it feels like it needs either something to spruce up the return trip, or a portal to get back quicker.

So some work is needed, but it's definitely a good start.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
    edited June 2013
    Big update to the visuals throughout the quest. Working on next draft of the quest now. Let me know what you guys think.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Zlainfurry, I have sent you a PM regarding your quest.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited July 2013
    replied to your msg, Ronin
    edited July 2013
    Updated the story and information given to the player. Added a mission warning/note prompt at the start. small visual changes.