test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I helping or hindering?

mjnorredmjnorred Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Another player when they are being attacked by multiple foes and I assist them when we are not in a party together?
Post edited by mjnorred on

Comments

• xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually intervened, and made some friends to do parties with out of it.
    Worst case would be someone milking XP or items; but not like there is a shortage of encounters in zones...
  • kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    I've done this several times pretty sure I saved a few people doing it, and have had my a$$ saved once or twice myself and greatly appreciated it. Keep it up! :)
  • writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I always just look at their health and the health of the mobs they are fighting. If it's obvious that they are in trouble, I'll step in and help. I've never had a single person complain that I can remember.
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Helping usually, just check the health bars, but it's usually pretty easy to spot if they are going down.
    And a thanks to all the healers who wander by & do a friendly heal, it isn't always possible to say thanks in game b4 they are out of sight.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they lower the quest item drop chances then you'd be hindering and may get complaints but as it stands now you should be ok.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    writerdg wrote: »
    I always just look at their health and the health of the mobs they are fighting. If it's obvious that they are in trouble, I'll step in and help. I've never had a single person complain that I can remember.

This for me, too.

If someone is doing okay then I will let them handle it, if not, then I will help out.

If I am hunting mobs myself then I usually leave them alone and go find my own groups. If they end up dying, oops, but I am not going to stop and watch every single fight just to make sure that eveyone else is doing okay. :cool: