test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respec powers decreases gear score!

welziowelzio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone else seen their gear score go down significantly when they respec'd your powers? I was at 9400, respect'd to maximize my crit and my gear score fell to 8800. If anyone has a solution to this or can post a link to an existing thread that has been answered by Cryptic I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by welzio on

Comments

• Options
    hidaianhidaian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gearscore is your offensive stats added up. Change your stats, it changes your GS that simple. Sounds like you nerfed yourself :) Maybe you didn reset your Str, INT, CHA< etc? just a thought
  • Options
    welziowelzio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thx for the reply.. I did reset my stats. I respec'd to gain crit chance so I don't think I would've nerfed myself. I expected to lose some hit points but certainly not impact gear score. Frustrating.
  • Options
    cr0pcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hit points are added into GS aswell, at a 1:2 ratio, so it probably hit your GS harder than anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Interesting.. I didn't realize it was that impactful. thx
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I mostly do pvp. i respect my cleric and dropped my gear score by 800 but i am doing much better in pvp. i suspect gear score is not as important in pvp.

as for pve i don't know because i do pvp 90% of the time.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    hidaian wrote: »
    Gearscore is your offensive stats added up. Change your stats, it changes your GS that simple. Sounds like you nerfed yourself :) Maybe you didn reset your Str, INT, CHA< etc? just a thought

lets not give wrong information

gearscore = attack/healing + protection

buff's and pet augments doesn't count towards Gear score..
  • Options
    jerravonjerravon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad to find this thread, I thought it might be a bug. I manged to drop by GS by 300 by doing a respec :( Annoyingly I just dropped below the 8300 threshold for dungeons. Oh well :(
  • Options
    kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    My GS go up after i respec "with brain" :p
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's better if you mention what class you are when you make these kinds of posts.

GWF's Disciple of War feat can add a large chunk of GS due to all the free armor pen you can get from it.
  • Options
    cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GS takes into account buffs and feets.
    the fireplace buff has a decent effect on your GS.
    the way it roughly works is each stat point is 1 GS point (3hp=1stat)
    but if you have something that lets say, increases your recovery by 10% of your defense, then you defense is now going to be 1 stat = 1.1GS
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There's really something wrong with GS. I used to have these ability scores bug, where all of my ability scores are 0 and when they fixed it last week after the patch my GS decreased by 1k. Now they made my life harder in getting a party...:mad:
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    intill they make GS purely from the Gear its always going to be wrong... as a GF first chucking on a T1 set of armor/weapons, without anything decent on the right side, i had over 12k GS due to my last feet giving me double power ^.^
This discussion has been closed.