test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter sucks

demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well 110$ usd later and I realize this game is not worth money.. the pvp is horribly unbalanced, the classes are horribly unbalanced.. knockdowns are basically spammable.. If you dont have lots of money or lots of time to get enchants and the higher tier gear you stand no chance in pvp no matter how good your skill level may be cause this game is skill-less and all gear based.

Anyways, I wish this game well Ive decided to move on to Dragons Prophet, I feel Sony Entertainment will provide more fun for the money than Perfect <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Entertainment has provided. Everyone else is free to continue spending money on this game, cause I know or hope it is just for fun, but keep in mind somethings you will never get unless you buy keys and open boxes

And I will say it isnt P2W, but sure as **** helps a lot, and gives a hell of a advantage in pvp when you have better enchants and gear than anyone else on the entire other team.
Post edited by demonisha on

Comments

• vadriel45vadriel45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You spent $110 and you just now made the decision that the game is not worth it? Maybe you should be more responsible with your money. The game is free to play after all, and no one forced you to buy anything. Take your negative attitude out of here.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Read rule's of conduct. No I quit thread's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Careful, you are going to be labeled a Bridge Dweller. (Which, is a racist term btw, coined for the homeless people living under interstate hwys, making the usage, racism)

Sorry to hear you found out later than sooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • lionhert051lionhert051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree this game should've been subscription based where you get everything got $15 a month. Game companies need to stop catering to these lazy/unemployed/cheap people who won't buy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in their ridiculously overpriced cash shop anyway. These suckas basically ruined what would've been a very successful subscription based mmo. If you can't afford $15 a month then something is wrong with you, or maybe you can just not play and spend your money when you feel like it (EASY). In the end a subscription based mmo is more profitable than a f2p model for the company. That or at least add a subscription OPTION for those who actually WANT to support the game instead of CATERING to FREELOADERS. Tera did this why isn't PWI doing it, basically u get extra perks with a little bit of zen each time you subscribe. Anyway, I hope TESO will be subscription based freeloaders already ruined this game.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Careful, you are going to be labeled a Bridge Dweller. (Which, is a racist term btw, coined for the homeless people living under interstate hwys, making the usage, racism)

Racism?????

I can see it being snobism, or even speciest (for our huge green regenerating friends), but racism?
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Racism?????

I can see it being snobism, or even speciest (for our huge green regenerating friends), but racism?
    \

He was joking..sheesh
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree this game should've been subscription based where you get everything got $15 a month. Game companies need to stop catering to these lazy/unemployed/cheap people who won't buy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in their ridiculously overpriced cash shop anyway. These suckas basically ruined what would've been a very successful subscription based mmo. If you can't afford $15 a month then something is wrong with you, or maybe you can just not play and spend your money when you feel like it (EASY). In the end a subscription based mmo is more profitable than a f2p model for the company. That or at least add a subscription OPTION for those who actually WANT to support the game instead of CATERING to FREELOADERS. Tera did this why isn't PWI doing it, basically u get extra perks with a little bit of zen each time you subscribe. Anyway, I hope TESO will be subscription based freeloaders already ruined this game.

Spock.jpg

You do know Perfect World only does FTP. I wouldn't say any player is a free loader they would first need a computer that can run Neverwinter, basic computers tend to cost around $200 THEN they need an Internet connection the average one costs $30 a month. They also need to buy food to live that can be another $200 a month. Oh yeah and they need a house that can cost $700 bucks a month in rent or $300,000 if you want to buy.

Rethink your logic.
  • lionhert051lionhert051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <Unfit for forum discussion>
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You mad bro? LOL Thanks for the laugh I have to say you need to go to therapy if you are getting this worked up over a game. lololol

Also, like to throw out there how dumb you are for throwing invalid information out.
    In the end a subscription based mmo is more profitable than a f2p model for the company.
    If you looked at the statistics. f2p games with cash shops make more money. :) Lets not even go into the fact that Neverwinter alone has most likely already drawn in over 1 million US dollars during OPEN BETA! You see, how many people saying they spent $100+ on the game? Well, that is just the small sum of it. Everyone I know in my 300+ guild has at least spent $20 on this game. Now think about that in a general population? You know they are sitting on a money maker. So, dumb move for Neverwinter? Definitely not.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing a PVE centric game for PVP is like watching <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the story line. :rolleyes:

Oh and my bridge dweller reference, has nothing to do with the unfortunates who are homeless in our country (Dare I say world?) of excess, I was referring to something else that anyone with an IQ above 84, or has opend a D&D book would understand.

People who fall through the cracks aren't a race they come in all ethnicities, genders and orientations...to view them as that is the height of ignorance. It's to be expected..given certain peoples authoritative base or lack thereof.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    This thread sucks. Enjoy some Pirates instead. You're welcome!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
    edited May 2013
    valgavante wrote: »
    This thread sucks. Enjoy some Pirates instead. You're welcome!

You know...I have always found the relationship between Stephanie and Sportacus.....unwholesome somehow.
  • valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    You know...I have always found the relationship between Stephanie and Sportacus.....unwholesome somehow.

Really? I saw just few clips of this show plus 1 or 2 episodes back in my days. Didn't notice anything strange. Explain your point if you want, I'm pretty curious
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
    edited May 2013
    valgavante wrote: »
    Really? I saw just few clips of this show plus 1 or 2 episodes back in my days. Didn't notice anything strange. Explain your point if you want, I'm pretty curious

umm... I was being facetious.
    edited May 2013
    Ahn ok, I thought there was a story on the web or the classic speculation by committees xD
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • bosman0bosman0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to be really YOLO guys...
    Game end is no teven worth one pence(cent). Greetings from Europe...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you looked at the statistics. f2p games with cash shops make more money. :) Lets not even go into the fact that Neverwinter alone has most likely already drawn in over 1 million US dollars during OPEN BETA! You see, how many people saying they spent $100+ on the game? Well, that is just the small sum of it. Everyone I know in my 300+ guild has at least spent $20 on this game. Now think about that in a general population? You know they are sitting on a money maker. So, dumb move for Neverwinter? Definitely not.

Agreed. Just look at how many MMOs that have gone F2P or are going F2P. I think WoW is pretty much the only major one left and it is F2P up to level 20. The subscription model is dead.
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demonisha wrote: »
    Well 110$ usd later and I realize this game is not worth money.. the pvp is horribly unbalanced, the classes are horribly unbalanced.. knockdowns are basically spammable.. If you dont have lots of money or lots of time to get enchants and the higher tier gear you stand no chance in pvp no matter how good your skill level may be cause this game is skill-less and all gear based.

Anyways, I wish this game well Ive decided to move on to Dragons Prophet, I feel Sony Entertainment will provide more fun for the money than Perfect <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Entertainment has provided. Everyone else is free to continue spending money on this game, cause I know or hope it is just for fun, but keep in mind somethings you will never get unless you buy keys and open boxes

And I will say it isnt P2W, but sure as **** helps a lot, and gives a hell of a advantage in pvp when you have better enchants and gear than anyone else on the entire other team.

OK. Thanks for tossing some cash in the hat. It is $110 less the rest of us have to pay to keep the game running.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • theamorabunnytheamorabunny Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Agreed. Just look at how many MMOs that have gone F2P or are going F2P. I think WoW is pretty much the only major one left and it is F2P up to level 20. The subscription model is dead.

The subscription model isn't dead; games go F2P because they can't compete to maintain like WoW has. If the game continues to see subscriptions they stay that way. SW:TOR tanked so bad they were forced to go the F2P route in an effort to generate some form of revenue.
  • iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The subscription model isn't dead; games go F2P because they can't compete to maintain like WoW has. If the game continues to see subscriptions they stay that way. SW:TOR tanked so bad they were forced to go the F2P route in an effort to generate some form of revenue.

125 million spent on the making of SW:TOR.

R.I.P.
  • melanko0melanko0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you can make a genuinely fun and original MMO and charge a subscription fee. WHAT A CONCEPT!
  • theamorabunnytheamorabunny Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    iminers242 wrote: »

R.I.P.

It had high hopes, but the game had too many WoWers whining.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    iminers242 wrote: »

R.I.P.

Might want to check that...since going "F2P" the number of people playing SW:TOR has gone up and they are reporting more money coming in.

F2P is the new model. Devs are finding they can make more money with a good cash store.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you can get past how amazingly bad the developer->player communication is, NW isn't bad.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    well the game got now really boring..i just log in for DD and log out again..coz nothing to do. I just hope some good changes come soon..like bnew content and Dgns.

I like this game and how it works..but there is not much of a endgame ._.
  • alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    These suckas basically ruined what would've been a very successful subscription based mmo.

I have spent almost $500 on this game between my account and my wife's..

I wish to it had been sub based...

PWE knows better.

In WoW, my wife and I had 5 active accounts going at once for several years and rarely spent money in their store.

We spent more on WoW for sure.. but that was over several years... not just a few weeks.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why do people get so focused on PvP in a primarily PvE game?
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Why do people get so focused on PvP in a primarily PvE game?

I ask myself that question quite a bit myself, SWTOR was meant to be a PVE centric game that was story centric..t now has been divided between the uber raiders and PVPers. Folks do the personal story quest or two then leave because we know our character storyline will never be moved forward.

So far Cryptic has managed to make PVE the main focus of CO and STO...just hope it can continue with Neverwinter.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry to hear you found out later than sooner.

"Homeless" is a race now? Interesting..
  • loldsnloldsn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't understand why people complain when they can get essentially the same gear as anybody who pays money. All you have to do is farm a little longer and play smarter, sell stuff and you can buy whatever you want. The whining is completely ridiculous, since you can run Castle Never, or any other respectable dungeons and sell gear for as high as 7,000,000 AD and get an equivalent of 20,000zen which is 200$, except that you don't really have to spend them. Peace
This discussion has been closed.