test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any hope for a GWF fix anytime soon?

2»

Comments

• unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    silknight wrote: »
    Ya think they would have seen the issue in beta testing, pity they didn't listen then.

Apparently during alpha testing, GWF was extremely OP. They nerfed them, but probably too much, and now they're the red-headed stepchild of character classes.
  • urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    @ the ppl flaming me about gwf survivability--- it is actually really good
    1- the detrmination dmg reduction, which is really easy to keep up most of the time
    2- manuverability, between the shift sprint and punishing charge,i almost never get hit by any cones or circles

survivability is by definition the ability to survive. in videogames it is not limited to dmg taken. if u take only a little bit of dmg during the fight and dont die, isnt that surviving?

and about being squishy, yes if u dont spec or gear defensively u will take alot of dmg. me personally, my spec and gear is dps, but on every big trash pulls and almost every boss fight, im the one that tanks the adds. yes i do have to concentrate, and not get distracted in order to do it sucessfully, but it is entirely doable.the only time i die in those situations is if i get distracted and make a big mistake, or if ppl cant seem to avoid cones and circles (or dont know how to hit the button for thier potion) and they die and its a wipe (which im usually the last 1 alive in this case)

my point is, when u play smart, u play well
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited May 2013
    GWF survivability isn't all it's cracked up to be. Try tanking 10+ mobs outside an astral shield for a couple seconds with full survivability and life steal gear in say a Castle Never environment, and then get back to us.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    GWF survival .. yeah right.... TR/CW still 2 shot us.
  • eliggseliggs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    Well hello there..... oh rly?... it excels at one thing only > sucking Jupiter's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... I would better take a freaking hamster into a t2 rather then a gwf.... deal with it ....

Especially if it was a miniature giant space hamster!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I only take myself on GWF and that's only because I get bored holding down one button on TR and doubling everyone's damage.

Sadly people are too stupid to noticed that. And we're getting the flak for contributing "nothing" to the fight.
  • ross123321ross123321 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are only 2 problems with gwf ...

1, Single target skills and at-wills need a buff..

2, We are next to useless on last boss Castle never, and are finding it very hard to get a spot there. So either they change boss mechanics or give us comparable damage to a tr while at single target =all gwf problems fixed.
  • xeromus20xeromus20 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Raising or removing target caps on at-wills AoE would be enough to satisfy me
    Paradigm - Instigator Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 13k GS
    Instigate and Eradicate
    Alek Silverkin - Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 11k GS
    How do you kill that which gets tankier the more you hit it?
  • majormunchies42omajormunchies42o Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF is just a broken class, they get the worst of all worlds literally. i bet any class can outdps the gwf if they build it. which is really sad cuz it's probably true. OH and wtf is up with GF damage, it's waaaaay above gwf... for a tank
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do find gwf can be squishy at times im even nerfing my dps with tones of tanking gear just to live threw some of the big hits and even then its not long before I die because the health potions dont heal for nearly enough. I should not need to stack deflect and defense and use my defense class features just so I can survive a boss hit. as for the class in general I love it, love the look, love the play stile, just feel squishy from time to time especially to the blackhole power some bosses have that I cant ever seem to escape from in time dew to lag.
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if their is no tr in the group i get top dps every time and i have tones of defense gear on with very little arp at the moment dont qq im working on it, I play instigator spec and out dps my gwf friend who is using Destroyer for his spec. my 49%crit (with weapon master up) and 95% crit severity helps a lot + berserker's 2 peace bonus wish I had the helm :( but I have nether the AD to buy it or have come across a group that can kill the second boss in the mad dragon. if your not an orc you should reroll ;)

build I use http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?173021-ExtinctioN-style-GWF-Initiator-leave-them-all-bloody