test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Map bugs]Hotenow Volcano and Temple of the Primoridial

teerfeteerfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hotenow Volcano (last zone, where the Temple of the Primordial is)
REALLY confusing... I don't say I don't like a maze once in a while in a 3D game, that part is fun. The thing is that the minimap (and map) seems to only highlight the upper level of the volcano. When were lost like that, players have always relied on the Quest Tracker to show us the way. Guess what? It tries to make us run through walls. So we have to find our way back to the start. Don't get me wrong, I'm only pointing out that you give the players the Quest Tracker and we used it from levels 1 through 58 (in my case), and suddenly it doesn't work... That's the confusing part and it really hurt the play experience.

Temple of the Primordial
At the beginning of the dungeon, there is a rock slab that you can use Dungeoneering to make it fall and reveal a chest. First, the failure message is "You need Dungeoneering Skill" but after three attempts (my experience) it work and fell. Behind the chest, there is a lot of space and I found that you could jump on the rocks. From there, I walk on the western edge of the map and found a place to jump and get to the start of the map. Thing is, after the jump there is an invisible wall that prevent me from going forward. Visibly, there shouldn't be anything in my way. I can jump back so I wasn't completely stuck. Going along the northern wall, I found a way to jump on the corner of a rock tile were some monster awaited near the main road. I could jump back and forth from the corner. My guess is that the first rock slab shouldn't have been activable by a skill kit, only the main skill, and someone put an alternate route to arrive from behind the treasure chest. Maybe the access near the entrance was also another alternate route for the chest, but someone in cryptic could have pointed out that the Kits should be usable there, so they blocked off one entry point, forgot about the second and they forgot to change the failure text of the slab. That's only a guess thought!
Later, where there is a magma brute and 2 firespikers, there is a column which when Dungeoneering is used reveal a chest that was inside of it. Sadly, there is an invisible wall between the main road and the location to get it. Even though it seems easily walkable, you can't advance because of the wall. By going more to the east, I found an opening in that wall. You have to get on the spiky rock, at the top, and get near the column. At that point, you hug the column and go right. That seems like the only way to get that chest.