test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Desync/lag spike issues

gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure if this should go here but whatever. Don't know if it's just me or if others have been getting this problem but I've been experiencing lag spikes and desyncs over the past two days or so. The lag spikes are self explanatory but with the desync, let's say a boss does a aoe attack when he's getting ready to slam the ground or whatnot. I can't even time a dodge or a block because I end up getting hit and taking damage like 1 second before the boss even finishes his slam animation (ex: before the boss' arm or legs hit the ground) and this happens with almost every attack, even the smaller hits.

No idea why I'm having this problem all of a sudden when everything has been perfectly fine up to now, performance wise. Just wondering if anyone else has the same or a similar problem and found a solution. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by gigplay on

Comments

• Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    just got a DC (my modem died) I reset it and when im back MAJOR rubberbanding and crashes and problems on loading screens and stuff.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    mahalla3mahalla3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having issues similar to this in game as well...major lagspikes...when i go fight something ill take dmg my actions work but the npc takes no dmg at all, then ill freeze for half a sec mobs will be dead and then BAM! DC -.-
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i made a post in the bug forum about the rubberbanding and atm the game is just unplayable from all the lagg so im gonna play tombraider for a while till theres less people on
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if this is from the recent patch
  • Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    gigplay wrote: »
    Wonder if this is from the recent patch

got no problems till my modem died. I assume my client had to recheck values when I got back something screwed up.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    rajey0402rajey0402 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exact same problem here, was hoping I wasnt the only one. Game was fine till Thursday/Friday.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hope they address this soon... "soon."
  • Options
    looking4boobslooking4boobs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have experienced zero lag issues on my end and i have a fiberoptic t3 to the power of 4 on the arizona datacenter in phoenix
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have experienced zero lag issues on my end and i have a fiberoptic t3 to the power of 4 on the arizona datacenter in phoenix

I started to rubber band lag yesterday about four hours before the patch. No other game lags. I have a 50mbit connection and 20mbit upload. So I don't think it has to do with an internet connection. Also, after the patch now at Enclave the loading screen gets stuck half the time and I have to reset the game. Pretty annoying. :(
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    rrakorrrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have never had bad lag issues with this game until the recent patch. Now i can't even run dungeons. All i can do is sit and talk to guildies/friends in chat because chat doesn't lag, only the action part of the game. And only this game, i can play any other game i have with no problems. Tried restarting my router, resetting the game, restarting my comp - nothing helps. **** needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seeing multiple threads about lag issues just being buried so I'm bumping this
    Shi-t needs to get fixed