test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No disable visual option for pants and shirt??

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So my CW looks way cool with just armor visuals with the cool split up the skirt but the pants kill the cool look but I can't disable the pant and shirt visuals? Why?
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wearing armor over your undies chaffes in some really awkward places.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Blah! Cool looks are worth the discomfort. Seriously though why can't we disable pants and shirt visuals?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering we can use the vanity tab to run around naked while still keeping our stats. It seems a silly limitation to not have the option to disable shirt and pants visuals.

Im all for it, But have no idea why Cryptic felt the need to limit it.
  • Options
    gifresponsegifresponse Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    BXx5W.gif
  • Options
    lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

The pain pushes my warrior and keeps him focused.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see a reason NOT to be able to disable the visuals of any peice of equipment. It seems odd theres only the option for the head peice and neck peice enabled.

The other armor slots have the option to disable visuals, but its greyed out. So all I guess is they just need to enable it. And why not? Makes the look of your character more unique since armor in this game lacks so much variety.
  • Options
    albion1969albion1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too would really like to see an option for disabling visuals on "shirt" and "trousers". Got some Marauder's Garb armor in the bank for my GWF that I saved just cause I liked the "barbarian" look. But, unfortunately; the chainmail undergarments kinda ruin the whole visual. Some of the armor suits look cool, but would look cooler if we could show a little more skin.

One of the most important options I enjoy in any mmo is the ability to make my character look unique. And the ability to "transmute" the look of a piece of gear to that of another opens up all kinds of possibilities for appearance customization. But I am not crazy about the AD cost involved in doing so however. Think it cost me somewhere of 60k AD to change the appearance of a single piece of my T1 60 gear. Ouch! As a casual player not bot-farming or in a big guild; I am not exactly rolling in the ADs. =P
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread may have been necroed, but it's still a legitimate point. Some armors clash so hard with chain mail/plate mail that it feels like a total waste.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    NERCO!

Chain bikinis pls.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I dont see a reason NOT to be able to disable the visuals of any peice of equipment.

Really? An empty-handed GWF flailing madly at bleeding mobs a couple of meters away would look a little.. strange, in my opinion.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Really? An empty-handed GWF flailing madly at bleeding mobs a couple of meters away would look a little.. strange, in my opinion.

See this as an opportunity,

Dimply, disable the heavy armor item visuals, and you have a monk class ;)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Dimply, disable the heavy armor item visuals, and you have a monk class ;)

Don't call me "Dimply", honeybuns.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's mainly because kids are playing this game. Yes those annoying little creatures which leave dungeons and PVP and write about their awesome builds in zone chat.
    Showing them legs or arms without any clothes would make them follow you like an extra companion. Which I guess wouldn't be so good for us:p
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Don't call me "Dimply", honeybuns.

It's a term of affection ;)
  • Options
    encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    Can we have this please? or at least a way to change visuals to nothing?
  • Options
    abxyxxxabxyxxx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    encadi wrote: »
    Can we have this please? or at least a way to change visuals to nothing?

They added the emperor shirt and pants which you transmute onto your current shirt and pants which makes them invisible
  • Options
    encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    That one is cool but why did theyd ecide to make it so extrmely expensive? Its such a bad solution =( muchen asier just to add the disable visual option