test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I just love Fatebender set

varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Anyone else love the Fatebender armor set as much as I do, at least for solo PvE (foundry, etc.) play? The 2-piece set bonus is +400 Power, which is always nice. But it's the 4-piece bonus that is the killer... using any at-will power grants Arcane Flux, which boosts the damage on your next Encounter power 5% and you can stack up to 3 stacks of Flux.

Which means one launch of Magic Missile (or else, about a half-second of Ray of Frost) gives you 3 stacks of flux, which means a 15% DPS boost on your next Chill Strike, or Ray of Enfeeblement, or Sudden Storm, or Steal Time, or whatever.

That is pretty powerful, IMO.

It is even more amazing when, at current AH prices (at least on Dragon server) you can buy the entire 4 piece set for somewhere in the neighborhood of 200K AD... TOTAL. That's for all 4 pieces.

The base stats on each piece have Power, Recovery, Defense, and Regen. So really the only things we would be wanting that are lacking there are Crit and perhaps Armor Pen. What I have done is just focused on trying to get jewelry pieces with Crit and AP on them, in order to balance out.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but to basically have a constant +15% damage on our Encounter powers seems to me to be really powerful for a set of armor that can be had so cheaply on the AH.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?
Post edited by varwe on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently using Gladiator Set. Bought it before hitting 60 via a LOT of PVP. Currently hunting for the Shadow set, because I'm a bit fan of Crit and Recovery over Power. But that's just me. For PVP you need to take people down quickly or they take you down even faster. Sold a Fatebender Tunic today for a nice price on the AH though. Hope someone finds it useful.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!