test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loading Screen Stuck Solution

peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I'll start this solution post off with a statement.

I was only able to find this solution because my 7 day suspension was not lifted in 7 days. If you were to actually lift the suspension on my main after the 7 days in which I was meant to be suspended for, and not longer, I would not be posting this. I post this now in hopes that you will actually lift my suspension like you should have about 30 minutes ago. (5:18 PST last Saturday is the timestamp on the email)

Your problem lies in graphical settings. I haven't exactly nailed the correlation between physics debris and crashes but I'm getting closer. The reason that safe mode lets people log in is because it resets all of the graphical settings to default (low). Turning them back up only reproduces this problem.

I have tried many times to change all of the settings up in chunks (to see which chunk produces this problem). In the end I have everything on maximum settings (except shadows on low), and Max Physics Debris Objects on 0. The game loads fine.

As soon as max physics debris objects is turned up to "max" or 200, the problem is seen and you cannot load. You must then load in safe mode to have the game force a graphical settings reset and try again. I have not yet found the sweet spot for debris objects but for now I will leave it at zero.

It should be noted that every graphical setting on default with a physics debris objects of 200 does not produce this problem.

In order to test whether or not your graphic settings have worked, you must fully exit the client and relaunch to produce the problem. Once you are in safe mode, I have not been able to produce the problem from logging out (to password prompt). Logging in from this after already being in game does not produce the problem.

Please feel free to discuss any troubleshooting you have done in this thread.

It seems as though the same set of circumstances can't always produce this problem, so it seems fairly touchy. The problem definitely lies within graphical settings somewhere, but I need help in determining exactly which one it is, should anyone try to help.
Post edited by peachsharc on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    TLDR version:

Run in safe mode, then change the graphics settings to your liking. Do not change Max Physics Debris Objects. Once you have run in safe mode you don't need to keep running in safe mode. You only need to run in safe mode once to reset the graphics to default.

Everything maxed out except for physics debris objects will also prevent you from logging in, so don't max out everything.

Things like shadows you can turn off, underwater view, etc. Just go through the graphics and turn off everything that doesn't necessarily "NEED" to be maxed, and you won't have this problem.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You said you "left" the debris objects at zero, but it defaults to 100. Did you turn it down to zero, or leave it at the default of 100?

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    You said you "left" the debris objects at zero, but it defaults to 100. Did you turn it down to zero, or leave it at the default of 100?

-Travail.

It defaults to zero whenever I set it to safe mode and log in.

I do have reason to suspect that physics debris is not the only culprit, although I am still fairly confident it is a graphical setting trigger.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I currently have it at "1" (just to see if any value other than zero at all would recreate the issue) along with shadows off and underwater view off, and I load fine. Not going to bother turning it up any more.

-Travail.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I played with this for a long time earlier today. The problem (and hopefully the solution) is easy to repeat.

Posted to BUG and hopefully they will look at it. Knowing what breaks it is the first step to repairing it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293422-%28bug%29-high-grapic-quality-stalls-game-load-at-Enclave-only&p=3823912#post3823912

not a real long post. Best fix until they repair it (if using high graphics) is

(1) log somewhere other than Enclave.
    (2) use Graphic Quality 25% or less.

If you have an alt, you can place them other than Enclave, and when you get load bug you can use it to lower graphics until you have the Enclave character loaded, and then replace to high or whatever you were using.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I played with this for a long time earlier today. The problem (and hopefully the solution) is easy to repeat.

Posted to BUG and hopefully they will look at it. Knowing what breaks it is the first step to repairing it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293422-%28bug%29-high-grapic-quality-stalls-game-load-at-Enclave-only&p=3823912#post3823912

not a real long post. Best fix until they repair it (if using high graphics) is

(1) log somewhere other than Enclave.
    (2) use Graphic Quality 25% or less.

If you have an alt, you can place them other than Enclave, and when you get load bug you can use it to lower graphics until you have the Enclave character loaded, and then replace to high or whatever you were using.

I think each person just needs to investigate what level of "acceptable" graphics they wish to play with, and then adjust things on and off until they can log in fine and repeatedly with said settings. Some of the small things are easy to sacrifice without sacrificing actual quality/detail distance.
  • Options
    darkstarx3darkstarx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya i never had a issue till today and yes thats exactially it ALL my alts sit in enclave because they all 60 and i ONLY pvp now... so i was unable to log in ANY of my characters and ya running safe mode then reseting all to max did fix the issue but this is a pain in the ***
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    darkstarx3 wrote: »
    ya i never had a issue till today and yes thats exactially it ALL my alts sit in enclave because they all 60 and i ONLY pvp now... so i was unable to log in ANY of my characters and ya running safe mode then reseting all to max did fix the issue but this is a pain in the ***

That will only fix it until you close the client. You will then have to start again in safe mode. I was trying to find a solution that did not involve resetting your graphics every time you launched the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump for exposure.
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it's a mother****in' shame that i have to suffer low quality graphics because PWE can't stop counting money long enough to fix this ****ing issue they created. what a god-**** load.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    it's a mother****in' shame that i have to suffer low quality graphics because PWE can't stop counting money long enough to fix this ****ing issue they created. what a god-**** load.

Again with the insolence. Read the **** thread and stop being an idiot.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing that works for me is letting the yellow bar go to 100% alt tabbing out then back in again and you will see a press any key notification in the upper right hand corner of the loading screen.

This doesn't work for everyone I don't think, but it works for me every time.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lord2800lord2800 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peachsharc wrote: »
    I think each person just needs to investigate what level of "acceptable" graphics they wish to play with, and then adjust things on and off until they can log in fine and repeatedly with said settings. Some of the small things are easy to sacrifice without sacrificing actual quality/detail distance.

"Acceptable" to me is everything turned up to max. I still get playable framerates with everything turned up as high as it goes, so what needs to happen is this bug needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, well, this problem returned for me, even with shadows and underwater view off, as well as the debris objects at "1". Was fine for a few hours, but same old problem again.

Guess I'll try with my debris objects right down at zero, but something tells me there's another trigger for this bug, somewhere else in the graphics settings.

Edit: Logged back in with safe mode after using ctrl-alt-del to close the program, logged in with an alt, set all of my graphics settings to max except shadows (off), debris (zero), and underwater view (off). I tried to log in with my main, the character which would not load before, and I am experiencing the same bug. There's definitely a trigger somewhere else for me.

As I type this, it loaded. Took roughly 3 minutes after the bar filled to load in.

-Travail.
  • Options
    stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this problem happen to both Nvidia and AMD/Ati cards? For one I am now running with latest 320.18 WHQL nvidia driver but doubt it's driver related more like latest patch brought this along.