test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why isnt my gear score OVER NINE THOUSAND!!??

yusirehyusireh Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a full T1 set/ My sister has full T1 set
We both have Exact Same weapons Exact Same enchantments. We are identical to the shirt and pants.

We differ in feats. She is scoundrel I am executioner. We equip the gear and I am at 8700 and she is at 9235.

I purchased this set because the way its set up it is guaranteed to give 9k + Gear score for rogues. Found it on a forum and it works for everyone except me because of Feats.

Tell me what feats I should use to get my GS high as possible. Doesnt have to be perfect just make it better than my pure executioner Spec.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because the gear score system is an atrocious system and needs to be removed.
  • antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Because your scouter must be broken, Nappa.
  • w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feats add to GS, it's dumb but it's true.

Some add stat boost that will in turn boss GS
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because T1 gear isn't supposed to get you over 9000. Castle Never needs a bit over that, T2 dungeons need around 8k if i remember right. Do T1, get T1 gear to do T2 dungeons where you will get T2 gear, which will put you over or close to 9k. That's the logic.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just respec'd feats on my rogue and my gs went from 8900ish to 9229. I removed threat reduction and deflection for ap generation and bonus from str, hope it works in Castle Never.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »
    I just respec'd feats on my rogue and my gs went from 8900ish to 9229. I removed threat reduction and deflection for ap generation and bonus from str, hope it works in Castle Never.

It's funny how you can increase your dps for a higher overall GS. But picking feats based on survival and group synergy brings it down. Sad state...
  • codewizardcodewizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GS should be a measure of how appropriate your GEAR is for your role for the event in which you wish to participate right?

I get that feats to change your stats - my build takes advantage of this fact. Gear Score being affected by other things means it isn't really a Gear Score. Perhaps it should be re-named "Preparedness Score" or something slightly less preposterous ?

Perhaps 2 scores - Gear Score for equipped gear, and .. I dunno, Character Score.

Some way of knowing what contributes to the GS and how before you waste your hard-earned on it would be useful. Even this is subjective to some extent (Tanky GWF vs AoE GWF for example - diff gear, diff role, diff GS)
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple: my conclussion is that stat focused feats affect your GS
    For clerics it works as following: there's an heroic feat that increases your recovery for 5%.
    When you gear up, That extra 5% rec is contabilized as gear score too.

just a theory O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's a BALANCE issue... if Cryptic Devs think that X feat = better gear score, or X stat = better gear scrore, then you simply can't make your "build" the way you want and be "balanced" with every other build.
    ______

the sad part will be when someone actually uses the lowest gear score build posable, yet uses all their feats/stats, and STILL can't get in an Epic, after getting best gear posable.

simply put the ONLY reason "gear score" is even in the game, is Cryptic staff can't balance the classes/feats, and also the reason toons are locked out of lower areas, is because Cryptic staff can't manage to scale level good ether.

(if level scaleing and "class balance" was correct, they could alow an open sandbox system, where you could do any dongon/mission at lvl 1, or lvl 60, because... it would scale properly, and with the balance of "score" you could actualy do it)
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because overused jokes give gs reduction