What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yet Another Patch I Don't Care For

2»

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keylord02 wrote: »
    I'm honestly dying to play your two hour quest to see if the it lives up to the hype machine, but still need to wait until my work week ends so I'll have the time!

I probably wouldn't have noticed your quest if you hadn't gotten into it with so many people on the forums, proving that there's no such thing as bad publicity. :D

There is a method to my madness. I'll let you know when I figure out what that method is. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would really like to see sounds working soon especially, as it's been already mentioned, because they had a fix a few weeks back.
    edited May 2013
    I treat it like Perfect World treats it.

The website has had that status since May 1.

+1, 10 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    I would really like to see sounds working soon especially, as it's been already mentioned, because they had a fix a few weeks back.

I looked back and it's actually just been about 9 days. It just feels like it has been longer for us Foundry authors because we spend so much time doing tedious things on our maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Blah. I want my sounds and I want them now!
    edited May 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    Blah. I want my sounds and I want them now!

Me too. Lynch mob, assemble!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As people have pointed out repeatedly, there are many reasons not to make a 2 or more hour mission, and part of the flames that have erupted have been the constant straw manning of legitimate complaints as 'I'M SORRY IF I'M NOT GOING TO DUMB DOWN MY ART FOR SHALLOW FOLKS WHO JUST WANT QUICK HACK AND SLASH AND HATE STORIES LOL.'

For example, random disconnects. Kids getting sick. Server going down. I'm tired. I'm sick of this 'story' and want a change of pace. I don't want to commit to two hours of a quest that might be HORRIBLE when I can play three or four other stories that might be much better. I don't want to commit to a two hour mission that might turn out to be unable to be completed 100 minutes in.

None of this is 'I hate stories.'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    As people have pointed out repeatedly, there are many reasons not to make a 2 or more hour mission, and part of the flames that have erupted have been the constant straw manning of legitimate complaints as 'I'M SORRY IF I'M NOT GOING TO DUMB DOWN MY ART FOR SHALLOW FOLKS WHO JUST WANT QUICK HACK AND SLASH AND HATE STORIES LOL.'

For example, random disconnects. Kids getting sick. Server going down. I'm tired. I'm sick of this 'story' and want a change of pace. I don't want to commit to two hours of a quest that might be HORRIBLE when I can play three or four other stories that might be much better. I don't want to commit to a two hour mission that might turn out to be unable to be completed 100 minutes in.

None of this is 'I hate stories.'

I understand your complaints, and will make my next map much shorter and more playable for people with limited time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey wuhsin, I too will definitely check out your quest sometime as well. Currently focusing all my time on my own Foundry project, but when I either burn out and need a break or finish it, I will be playing pretty much exclusively in the Foundry. I am not part of the instant gratification/sound bite culture, so I don't mind the length (my Foundry campaign will most probably be epic length as well). Not sure if imivo's issue has been brought up as a suggestion (being able to save progress in Foundry quests) but would be another nice feature to have.

I really hope a good amount of focus is given to the Foundry improvements. I can understand your sentiments, but on the other hand, I'll give them some time to deal with major bugs etc that need priority right now. Some fault also has to be placed on the gaming community, as things like the silly pseudo-economy are more important to them than a fully featured Foundry... unfortunately.
    edited May 2013
    Hey wuhsin, I too will definitely check out your quest sometime as well. Currently focusing all my time on my own Foundry project, but when I either burn out and need a break or finish it, I will be playing pretty much exclusively in the Foundry. I am not part of the instant gratification/sound bite culture, so I don't mind the length (my Foundry campaign will most probably be epic length as well). Not sure if imivo's issue has been brought up as a suggestion (being able to save progress in Foundry quests) but would be another nice feature to have.

I really hope a good amount of focus is given to the Foundry improvements. I can understand your sentiments, but on the other hand, I'll give them some time to deal with major bugs etc that need priority right now. Some fault also has to be placed on the gaming community, as things like the silly pseudo-economy are more important to them than a fully featured Foundry... unfortunately.

Unfortunate, indeed. I guess we have the Caturday Catastrophe Exploiters to thank for the delay. Oh well, at least the collapse of the economy gave my quest a good backstory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]