test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the role of the GF in pve?

elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
what is the true role of the GF in dg's epics?
is not the tank, and is not the dps
see GF being constantly kick the dg's epics

and now ?
Post edited by elmistercoldhear on

Comments

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is the true role of the GF in dg's epics?
    is not the tank, and is not the dps
    see GF being constantly kick the dg's epics

and now ?

Reroll a Holy Paladin .
  • elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how so?
    you say to the producer redo?
    because I'm playing with more DPS think works comment to PVP, not for PVE
    not useful for this, not the mob's board, etc.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think gwfs are weaker than gfs. I usually get 3rd place damage and it isnt gwfs that are beating me.
  • elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but more in an epic dg, is not better to take 2 rogues or 2 wizard, instead of taking one gf and another rougue / cw?
  • clevizzyclevizzy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    I think gwfs are weaker than gfs. I usually get 3rd place damage and it isnt gwfs that are beating me.

If you want to parse and be at the top of the DPS output then roll a Rogue.

Inflicting damage does not correlate to tanking. When I rolled a GF, I thought I'd be tanking encounters ... protecting the group with at the very least some form of threat induced crowd control, but the only player I see tanking is the Cleric 95% of the time. A GF is good for rezzing the Cleric because its the player in the group with the least amount of threat on the mobs at any moment.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    DPS GF takes the role of highest aoe dps by far + second highest single target dps. The ideal composition with geared and skilled players = Cleric, 2 CW, Dps GF, TR right now.

Funny you mentioned parses, I've reached 250k dps on CN (I average 50k). Funny you mention threat, a DPS GF by far has the highest threat.
  • clevizzyclevizzy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the GF class takes patience to play. It didn't start to get enjoyable until EPIC gear was obtained then the pain returns once again because the adjustment from T1 to T2 content is like night and day.

I'm average skilled at the GF class being about two weeks into playing, but hell I ought not have to do 250k DPS sustained all the time to keep the cleric from getting aggro.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comic relief.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is only the pure DPS GF is an effective character. All thee GF's increased threat moves key of how much damage they do Double threat from mark +100% threat on enhanced mark, +15% threat potent challenge. So if you do no damage in the first place and cant keep your marks on a target you will make no threat.

My Main problem with this is the concept of a cookie cutter character. to be a good tank you need to focus damage. The defense path should be a viable play option as well, or why bother even having it in the game. The defense tank should be the taunt threat guy the wall that does no damage and is still a valuable member of the group. Just make him a valuable meber of the group just like a GF that brings damage and tankiness to the group.

Once you get the GF working properly fix the GWF and make sure the GFs damage tank is on par with a pure sentinel path GWF. As that is exactly what the GWF should be a damage dealing tank.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    GF: aka Guardian Fighter.
    Guardian. FIGHTER.

Please read it carefully. Take 5 minutes for the imput to reach your brain and be elaborated by your drowsy brain cell.
    There, you got it? Fighter. Do you know what that means? You are supposed to fight. Hit things. Beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of them, and get aggro.
    Are you expecting to get enemies threat by just standing there and spamming a no-cd global taunt that glues the mob to you forever and ever unti it dies? If the answer is yes, please stop playing the game.

Did anyone wonder why the "tankiest" sets for the GF both have a PURELY OFFENSIVE 4 set bonus? No? Guess what, it is aknowledged by design that you need to DO DAMAGE in order to get threat. Who would have tought mh?
    Sure GF has its problems, mostly due to buggy feats making only one feat tree viable, but as it happens that feat tree also gives you the highest AoE dps potential in the game. Interesting, isn't it?
    So you have a class that is baseline more resilient than others, and that has a high AoE damage potential, and means to put a debuff on enemies increasing threat generated by your attacks by up to 300%.

I'll leave that to you to judge, what role do you think such a class would have?
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    The problem is only the pure DPS GF is an effective character. All thee GF's increased threat moves key of how much damage they do Double threat from mark +100% threat on enhanced mark, +15% threat potent challenge. So if you do no damage in the first place and cant keep your marks on a target you will make no threat.

My Main problem with this is the concept of a cookie cutter character. to be a good tank you need to focus damage. The defense path should be a viable play option as well, or why bother even having it in the game. The defense tank should be the taunt threat guy the wall that does no damage and is still a valuable member of the group. Just make him a valuable meber of the group just like a GF that brings damage and tankiness to the group.

Once you get the GF working properly fix the GWF and make sure the GFs damage tank is on par with a pure sentinel path GWF. As that is exactly what the GWF should be a damage dealing tank.

Also, in reply to this. The other two paragon paths are, atm, filled to the brim with bugs. Which is the number 1 problem about their viability. Once you get a Stalwart set you can do considerable damage regardless of your feat tree, and you can still do decent damage without conqueror/stalwart too IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Your assumption that the GF should just be a " taunt threat guy the wall that does no damage" is ridiculous though. Stop wishing you were playing another game.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Also, in reply to this. The other two paragon paths are, atm, filled to the brim with bugs. Which is the number 1 problem about their viability. Once you get a Stalwart set you can do considerable damage regardless of your feat tree, and you can still do decent damage without conqueror/stalwart too IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Your assumption that the GF should just be a " taunt threat guy the wall that does no damage" is ridiculous though. Stop wishing you were playing another game.
    Then you have stalwart, go conqueror, optimize your gear with math and know what you're doing and suddenly you start doing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dps.